How better to show choice in table format?

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Kvaz1r
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

How better to show choice in table format?

Post by Kvaz1r » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:14 am

I need to display some table data when one of column must contain some option to choice. I looked through samples and the closest example is using wxDataViewChoiceRenderer. But as far I understand there isn't an option that cell by default look as contained choice.

Below image for better description what I mean.
s1.jpg
s1.jpg (15.45 KiB) Viewed 107 times
So my question is - how better to show such data since now it's not obvious for user does cell can be expanded or not.

ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: How better to show choice in table format?

Post by ONEEYEMAN » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi,
This is how wxDataView and wxGrid is displaying data by default.
When you select the cell by clicking on it, the appropriate editor shows up and you can edit the data in the cell.

You can look thru the sources and try to override this behaviour, but it is possible that the native control does not support what you want to do.

Try it and see what might happen.

Thank you.

Kvaz1r
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Re: How better to show choice in table format?

Post by Kvaz1r » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:20 am

ONEEYEMAN wrote: You can look thru the sources and try to override this behaviour, but it is possible that the native control does not support what you want to do.
Hi, thanks for answer. I thought it's a common issue. I don't think the "problem" in native control since in "active" phase it has appropriate view.