looking for a privete teacher wxwidgets Topic is solved

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
rolen
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

looking for a privete teacher wxwidgets

Post by rolen »

i have used wxwidgets with python so its not that new for me, it also has alot of tutorials.

my problem is installing that on visual studio. i cant seem to make it work, ive been searching on google for days .
ive got some weird errors, cant find specific thread about them, and anytime i solve one problem another one comes up.

i have built wxwidgets a few times, linked the library and include,added a system variable, copied the dlls to the debug folder,built for debug,built for realese (dlls), did any project properties change suggested by stackoverflow ets.
created a few projects from scratch tried running samples.
tried using code blocks ide,didnt work more errors.

i cant even run a simple hello world window.

its been almoest a week.

i will pay via paypal 30$ per hour to someone who knows how to build install and use wxwidgets to teach me via teamviewer (its a screen sharing softwere).
i dont care droping visual studio and using another ide. i need to learn how to use wxwidgets with c++.

please help me (not for free i will pay for that help)
Manolo
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: looking for a privete teacher wxwidgets

Post by Manolo »

Being %WXWIN% (for example, c:\wx3.1, or whatever the directory where you installed wx) get into %WXWIN%/docs/msw and find there a file called 'install.txt'. Follow the instructions (using command line or using Visual Studio IDE).
You shouldn't need anything else, specially that dll-movement you talk about.
If you prefer another IDE (CodeBlocks, wxDesigner, etc) there are plenty of tutorials in the web.

After you have compiled wx, try compiling and running the minimal sample (at %WXWIN%/samples/minimal) to see that everything went well.
You can avoid compiling wx using already libs you can find at wxWidget's download page. But it will be more adapted to your compiler and your own ways if you compile wx instead.

Next step is your own app, but that is for another post.

In this forum you can also find plenty of post on how to achieve wx compilation, depending on Operating System and compiler/IDE.
rolen
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: looking for a privete teacher wxwidgets

Post by rolen »

running minemal worked thank you so much.

now i will test it and hope it will work.

it appears i compiled the dlls etc fine.

you shod make a guide and put it on the main site or something your a life saver thank you so much.