7.4.2 RC1 installer

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
tbreina

7.4.2 RC1 installer

Post by tbreina »

All,

I've put an installer for 7.4.2 RC1 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxdsgn/ ... e/download

It's a full installer so my hope is that I'll get some people willing to uninstall wxDev-C++ and re-install to test this installer.

Apart from bug fixes, 7.4.2 adds Robert's multithreaded debugging capabilities to our gdb interface.

I'm also toying with simply using TDM-GCC (http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/) for our MinGW stuff. The TDM-GCC installer is embedded within this installer. I think it just makes things easier for everyone in the end (although I know there are potential pitfalls). Since I'm using the TDM-GCC installer, we no longer need to include devpaks for gcc, MinGW, win32api, gdb, and the rest. All of those files can be updated using the TDM-GCC updater. So if it works correctly, you can always have the most up-to-date version of gcc and MinGW. In my tests, gcc 4.6.1 (tdm) works just fine with our IDE. Nevertheless, I have not updated the compiler options window so I'll need reports on what compiler options need to be updated, removed, or changed between 3.4.5 and 4.6.1.

If I can get some volunteers willing to test this out and report back, then that would be very helpful.

Thanks.
-Tony

p.s. The wxWidgets devpaks in 7.4.2 RC1 are 2.9.3 unicode, monolithic.
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
campa
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Re: 7.4.2 RC1 installer

Post by campa »

Non wxwidgets projects compile without problem, however I cannot compile wxwidgets projects.

multiple definition of `wxWindowBase::IsEnabled() const'

Regards Andrej
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

campa wrote:Non wxwidgets projects compile without problem, however I cannot compile wxwidgets projects.

multiple definition of `wxWindowBase::IsEnabled() const'

Regards Andrej
Does that occur with your existing wxWidgets projects? What happens if you try to build a new wxWidgets project?

-Tony
jgrzybowski
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by jgrzybowski »

Installation took successful. New project “wxWidgets frame” was compiled OK (frame with several simple objects), but after added pictures into toolbuttons there is strange behave for first XPM file. Somehow wxDev create path to first XPM file in a different way than next one (compilation was successful and both XPM files was created in the same directory):

Code: Select all

////Header Include Start
#include "Images/testFrm_WxToolButton2_XPM.xpm"
#include "D:/test/Images/testFrm_WxToolButton1_XPM.xpm"
////Header Include End
Regards Jarek
campa
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by campa »

tbreina wrote: Does that occur with your existing wxWidgets projects? What happens if you try to build a new wxWidgets project?

-Tony
With creating new wxProject it compiles perfectly, however I have to change paths in existing projects. Is there any official guide how to transform the existing wxwidgets projects?

Thanks for new working compiler with IDE! This is what people were waiting, maybe you could also change the version number to 8.0 so people will be aware of this new feature, first I thought this is only bug fix release.

regards Andrej
campa
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by campa »

Ok, I have added libraries to the projects and did some changes due to the deprecated wxwidgets functions, now it compiles, however non of radioboxes are visible anymore in compiled project?
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

campa wrote:Ok, I have added libraries to the projects and did some changes due to the deprecated wxwidgets functions, now it compiles, however non of radioboxes are visible anymore in compiled project?
Yes, I see the radiobox issue. I'm not sure if it's the wxWidgdets 2.9.3 source code or the way I'm instantiating the radiobox. I'll have to take a closer look at the wxWidgets manual to see if something has changed between 2.8.12 and 2.9.3.

-Tony
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

campa wrote:
tbreina wrote: Does that occur with your existing wxWidgets projects? What happens if you try to build a new wxWidgets project?

-Tony
With creating new wxProject it compiles perfectly, however I have to change paths in existing projects. Is there any official guide how to transform the existing wxwidgets projects?

Thanks for new working compiler with IDE! This is what people were waiting, maybe you could also change the version number to 8.0 so people will be aware of this new feature, first I thought this is only bug fix release.

regards Andrej
No, I don't have an official guide. I've been trying my best to have the IDE intelligently convert existing projects, but I'm sure most will need to be manually done.
The good news is that it is not that difficult. Basically, all you need to do is to go to Tools->Compiler Options and add/modify the directories for C++ includes, binaries, and libs. If you have TDM-GCC just point things to {TDM-GCC dir}\include, {TDM-GCC Dir}\bin, and {TDM-GCC}\lib respectively. The same goes for the wxWidgets libs. My preference is to move the wxWidgets lib includes to Project->Project Options, but that is easier said than done at this point.

-Tony
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

tbreina wrote:
campa wrote:Ok, I have added libraries to the projects and did some changes due to the deprecated wxwidgets functions, now it compiles, however non of radioboxes are visible anymore in compiled project?
Yes, I see the radiobox issue. I'm not sure if it's the wxWidgdets 2.9.3 source code or the way I'm instantiating the radiobox. I'll have to take a closer look at the wxWidgets manual to see if something has changed between 2.8.12 and 2.9.3.

-Tony
For once, the bug wasn't mine. It's been fixed in wxWidgets SVN and should make it into the next wxWidgets release.

-Tony
Tony0945
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by Tony0945 »

I also found that a new project compiled OK, but existing projects don't. My biggest problem is with a project that has the error "12 C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\include\common\wx\msw\dde.h:130 'wxDDEConnectionList' does not name a type" from inside a chain of includes that started with #include <wx/wx.h>.

Should I delete the project's .dev, create a new project and add all the files from the old project?

I tried two other old projects and didn't get that error but I instead got different references to undefined references. I went back to wxWidgets 2.8.12, but there was no change.
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

Tony0945 wrote:I also found that a new project compiled OK, but existing projects don't. My biggest problem is with a project that has the error "12 C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\include\common\wx\msw\dde.h:130 'wxDDEConnectionList' does not name a type" from inside a chain of includes that started with #include <wx/wx.h>.

Should I delete the project's .dev, create a new project and add all the files from the old project?

I tried two other old projects and didn't get that error but I instead got different references to undefined references. I went back to wxWidgets 2.8.12, but there was no change.
Any chance you could send me a copy of one of the old projects? It'd be helpful if I could play with it at my end and see what is happening.

-Tony
starra
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by starra »

i have download and install RC4
when build i have this error

g++.exe -c src/fcmanager.cpp -o Objects/MingW/fcmanager.o -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/MinGW32/include" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common" -I"./inc" -I"./panel" -I"./images" -D__WXMSW__ -D__GNUWIN32__ -D_UNICODE -DWXUSINGDLL  

In file included from C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/log.h:70:0,
                 from C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/wx.h:24,
                 from ./panel/wxFC.h:18,
                 from src/fcmanager.cpp:11:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/thread.h:482:12: error: declaration does not declare anything [-fpermissive]

mingw32-make.exe: *** [Objects/MingW/fcmanager.o] Error 1
this is the code in wxfc.h

#ifndef WX_PRECOMP
	[b]#include <wx/wx.h>[/b]
	#include <wx/frame.h>
#else
	#include <wx/wxprec.h>
#endif

the code with wxdevcpp 7.4.1 is correctly build
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

starra wrote:i have download and install RC4
when build i have this error

g++.exe -c src/fcmanager.cpp -o Objects/MingW/fcmanager.o -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/MinGW32/include" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common" -I"./inc" -I"./panel" -I"./images" -D__WXMSW__ -D__GNUWIN32__ -D_UNICODE -DWXUSINGDLL  

[/quote]

I keep seeing makefiles with the -DWXUSINGDLL switch. That shouldn't be there unless you specifically are building with the wxWidgets DLL. 

To use the wxWidgets lib we include go to Tools->Compiler Options->wxWidgets and under "Library Type" click the radio button for "Static Import Library".

Once you do that try a rebuild all and see if it helps.

Is this an existing project or a newly-created one?

-Tony
starra
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by starra »

Is this an existing project.
this evening i try.
starra
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by starra »

the problem was the use of unicode.
I compiled wxwidgets as a dll without the unicode and there were porting problems,
solved using wxwidgets as a dll, but always with unicode and doing a little porting.
It would be useful to have both that the dll lib.
It would also be useful to have multiple versions of wxdevcpp on the same machine.

thanks for the work