WxMemo transparency

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
PawelJ
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

WxMemo transparency

Post by PawelJ »

Hello

It's my first post so i say hi to everybody :)

Is there a passibility to set a transparency on WxMemo?
Or at least to set the image background on this widget?
Imaginary is more imporatant than knowledge.
computerquip
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by computerquip »

Too be quite honest, I can't seem to find much documentation on wxMemo. I can't seem to find out what it does or what it is except through a change log on Sourceforge and for wxDev-C++.

I'm assuming the wxMemo is the name of a control when using the wxSmith / wxFormBuilder. In the column "IDName", you should be able to place more than one value seperating by the '|' character (that's how it is in code, I'm not 100% sure). Set an identifier called wxTRANSPARENT_WINDOW.

The above I think works but when used in code I didn't really get much of a transparency but because of Vista everything is kinda transparent. I'm not sure if it works or not but I believe it does. Also, this works on Windows only.
PawelJ
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by PawelJ »

I tried wxTRANSPARENT_WINDOW but it makes transparent only nonfilled text "space" ;\
Imaginary is more imporatant than knowledge.
computerquip
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by computerquip »

;/ It may not have the much of an effect then...Try using different colors for it and maybe you'll get different results? I'm not really sure to be honest.