wxDev-C++ 6.10.2 released

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
almondega
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

hola

Post by almondega »

i try to add a textctrl in my toolbar
but look the result
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2107/dlg1kc2.jpg

the background is different from toolbar
how to resolve this?
tks

code:

Code: Select all

toolbar = new wxToolBar(this,2,wxDefaultPosition,wxDefaultSize,wxNO_BORDER|wxTB_FLAT);
textctrl = new wxTextCtrl(toolbar,3);
textctrl->SetSize(GetSize().x - 102,-1);
toolbar->AddControl(textctrl);
toolbar->Realize();
:(
wxToolBar hate me
gedumer1
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by gedumer1 »

I just installed v6.10.2 and tried a few example wxWidget projects. Projects without an .rc file compile OK, but every project with an .rc file fails with the following errors:
  • Compiler: Default GCC compiler
    Building Makefile: "C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\examples\wxWidgets\html\help\Makefile.win"
    Executing make clean
    rm -f Objects/MingW/help.o Objects/MingW/help_private.res Output/MingW/help.exe

g++.exe -c help.cpp -o Objects/MingW/help.o -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/msw" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/generic" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/fl" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/gizmos" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/html" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/mmedia" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/net" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/ogl" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/plot" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/protocol" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/stc" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/svg" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/xml" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/xrc" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common" -I"." -D__WXMSW__ -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WIN95__ -fno-exceptions -fno-pcc-struct-return -fstrict-aliasing -Wall -D__WXMSW__ -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WIN95__ -fexpensive-optimizations -O3

windres.exe --input-format=rc -o Objects/MingW/help_private.res --include-dir "C:/PROGRA~1/Dev-Cpp/include/common" Objects/MingW/HELP_P~1.RC -O coff

'c:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

c:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\Bin\windres.exe: no resources

mingw32-make.exe: *** [Objects/MingW/help_private.res] Error 1

Execution terminated
Keep in mind that the makefile.win is generated by wxDevcpp, not me. These are the examples that came with the distro. All other examples with a .rc file fail in the same way.

Since it seems to have a problem with "c:\Program File\...", should I install it somewhere else with a standard DOS name (ie. no spaces)?
elduderino03
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Include xpm problem

Post by elduderino03 »

I am having a problem with xpm files that I did not have in 6.9. With the release of 6.10, I know a change was made of how xpm files were stored. I am trying to work on a file that used to work fine under wxdevcpp 6.9, but under 6.10 it will not compile and says it cannot locate Images/Self_main_XPM.xpm. I go to look for the file and it it is not there. I am logged on as the administrator on my windows machine.

Is anyone else having this problem? How do I resolve this?
kin.ming
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

WxDev-c++ Sources & Components Update Needed

Post by kin.ming »

Joel, I've been busy getting the WxDev-C++ compiled. After lot's of failure I suceed. But , as is known, the latest version is 6.10.2 , when my compiled version is 6.10.1.152. That version has a lot of bugs, yet I had fix some. I need a latest copy of the sources.Would you update the SVN?
And, the official SynEdit has been updated to version 2.5, would you keep the pace?
About code folding. There is a Yaoqiaofeng in China, who have release a version of Synedit 2.5 with code folding added. I wonder if we can introduce it into next version of WxDev-C++ . It's pretty cool, you know.
Again, Joel,please update the SVN as soon as possible.
Thanks for the comments in the source files.

----Kin
buildere
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by buildere »

Kin: Are you suscribed to the devels mailing lists?

The best way to join development is to announce yourself there

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/lis ... xdsgn-devs
kin.ming
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by kin.ming »

I've joint , many thanks.

-------Kin
Giulio20000
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by Giulio20000 »

Hi, I am having a similar problem to gedumer1. My log is identical to his.
No emaple project compiles. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Giulio
etienne
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: wxDev-C++ 6.10.2 released

Post by etienne »

tbreina wrote: We've released 6.10.2, which is a bugfix release. wxWidgets libraries have been upgraded to the latest 2.8.2.
-Tony
I can confirm that wxdevcpp_6.10.2_setup.exe downloaded twice from sourceforge with the md5sum:
dd0e62c470ca2754f80028517ceb25e3 wxdevcpp_6.10.2_setup.exe
is reported to have a virus by ETrust of ComputerAssociates v8.0.447.0:
The Win32/Loodok!generic.2 was detected in C:\DOCUME~1\LORRAINE\LOCALS~1\TEMP\NSZ2.TMP\SYSTEM.DLL.
File Status: File was cured; system cure performed.
The filename SYSTEM.DLL is highly suspicious, and disappear after installation. Even if that is a "false positive by NSIS installer", what does a file with this name do in here?
hkBattousai
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

version?

Post by hkBattousai »

How can I learn which version I'm currently using? It is not written in the about box or anywhere else.
buildere
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by buildere »

I don't know about older versions, but if you're using the last one released (6.10.2) that should show on the tittle bar. Also, on the "version" tab on the properties dialog of the executable...
The alpha version should read 7.0.
hkBattousai
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by hkBattousai »

buildere wrote:I don't know about older versions, but if you're using the last one released (6.10.2) that should show on the tittle bar. Also, on the "version" tab on the properties dialog of the executable...
The alpha version should read 7.0.
How can I find this "properties" dialog box? I couldn't find it in the menu.

One more question,
Will my setting reset when I install the newer version? If not, is there a way to preserve my current settings?
buildere
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by buildere »

hkBattousai wrote: How can I find this "properties" dialog box? I couldn't find it in the menu.
Look for the devcpp.exe executable file, under C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp
Right click and choose "Properties". Then, select the version tab. I'm not sure if older versions set this correctly, but at least you could try.
hkBattousai wrote: One more question,
Will my setting reset when I install the newer version? If not, is there a way to preserve my current settings?
I don't really know about older versions; right now, the alpha for version 7.0 requires that you manually delete the preferences files (they could be saved to another folder for backup). I'm not sure if we'll create an auto-upgrade solution for the release, but for the moment, if you need to back-up those, they reside on C:\Documents and Settings\-username-\Application Data\Dev-Cpp.