IDE Request

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Vixus
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

IDE Request

Post by Vixus »

Is there an IDE for linux that contains a form designer for wxWidgets and a C++ IDE/compiler/manager etc... like KDevelop (which won't work for me).

Thanks.
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

There is DialogBlocks. It is not free, but you can play with the trial. Whenever you like it, the price is very good for this piece of software. It outputs project files as well so you can compile them right away in your favorite make env or VS6/VS7.

I personally use DialogBlocks in combination with make, I plan to use KDevelop because I use CMake as my main make generator, I can easily select what build env I want my files to be generated for.

Maybe you can even use wxDev-Cpp in WINE I have never tried it, there is Code::Blocks and I recently saw someone an anouncing another dialog editor.

There are plenty of solutions, but as been discussed on the list here before, there is not ONE real solution for everything. Who knows in the future when the wx-devs decide to give a go and develop a x-platform wxWidgets IDE, made solely for wxWidgets ;-)

- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
engineer
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by engineer »

Dialogblocks is very mature and worth the money! Another ist wxDesigner. Furthermore, a new IDE has been announced just these days in the wx-maillist.
J
upCASE

Post by upCASE »

Hi!
Actually I started development on such a "beast" some days ago, based on some code I had lying around for about a year.
It's not prefect yet, but it looks like a good start and I seem to be heading somewhere. Here's a little preview screenshot of what it will look like:
I intend to implement some basic code generating functionality first and then add a IDE part for code editing, automated event handler generation, etc. I'll keep you posted on its status.
wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda