lnk1181 Topic is solved

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
megabutt
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

lnk1181

Post by megabutt »

I am getting an LNK1181 error:

[Error LNK1181] cannot open input file '../FcLab/Api/FcApi.lib'

I have it added in additional command line options and also in the directory options. Does it belong anywhere else? Could the file be corrupt?

WLE
lowjoel
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by lowjoel »

I have never heard of that library file before. You will have to manually check your paths and your environment variables etc yourself - remember you are a programmer after all (these things should be routine by now).

A hint, however. make is executed with your output file directory as the current working directory. So the path you give must be relative to the output directory in project options. If the output directory is blank, then we will execute make in the project file's directory.

Joel
megabutt
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by megabutt »

I am browsing to the FcAPI folder location via the menu in the make section. Shouldn't that automatically load the correct relative path?
lowjoel
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by lowjoel »

I'm not sure. Tony?

Joel
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

lowjoel wrote:I'm not sure. Tony?

Joel
To be sure, I'd specify it in the Library Directory list.

Go to Project->Project Settings->Directories. Add your libraries directory (not the library file, but the directory where it resides) to the Libraries list.

Then Rebuild All.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.