How to integrate WX Documentation into Anjuta Screeny inside Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Weisswurst
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

How to integrate WX Documentation into Anjuta Screeny inside

Post by Weisswurst »

Hi!

Is there a way to include the wx Documentaion into Anjuta? I've installed DevHelp, but there is no documentation for wxWidgets included :(

I'm really new to wxWidgets and so I have to look up many things.
The best would be if I could include the wx Docu into Anjuta like the MSDN is included in MSVC.

What can I do to avoid constantly switching between Anjuta and the wxManual webpage?

Thanks a lot
bye
Last edited by Weisswurst on Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlyingIsFun1217
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Never seen or heard of that IDE before, so I can't say whether or not you would be able to view the wx Documentation w/in it.

If you really get desperate, you can save the wx Manual to view it offline.

FlyingIsFun1217 :)
Weisswurst
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Weisswurst »

FlyingIsFun1217 wrote:If you really get desperate, you can save the wx Manual to view it offline.
That won't help really because I still need to switch between two programms :)
I slowly get the feeling that the way Microsoft inplemented the Documentation of their frameworks into their IDE's is unique. And under Linux environment there is a little bit more handwork to do...

@Anjuta, I got told that Anjuta is together with KDevelop THE C++ IDE for Linux... Well I developed at my job 4 years with Visual C++ 6 and MFC but I'm completely new to the Linux world...
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

Weisswurst wrote: I slowly get the feeling that the way Microsoft inplemented the Documentation of their frameworks into their IDE's is unique. And under Linux environment there is a little bit more handwork to do...
Microsoft made both their IDE and their frameworks so it's normal they bundle things together.

However, wxWidgets didn't make Anjuta, nor did Anjuta make wxWidgets so no natural integration here. There are thousands of libs around, IDEs can't include docs for them all. You could maybe ask the anjuta people if there's a way to view HTML stuff from within Anjuta.
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra »

Are you looking for basic autocomplete functionality, or actually reading details in the manual? While I'm not entirely familiar with Anjuta, most linux IDEs have support for ctags, and I know others have run wxWidgets through ctags before for autocomplete.

I'm not sure how being required to have the wxWidgets documentation open in say Firefox while coding in MSVC is a problem. Most developers I know have a skill with multitasking, and 2 open windows/applications is nothing comparatively.
Weisswurst
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Weisswurst »

Hi!

I have added two screenshots which show the features which I'm looking for.
I will have a look whats up to this ctag's...

As you can see this aren't information from the helpfiles as I said first.
This information can compleatly be generated from the code.
I think in wx.h all the information are available...
Attachments
screeny2.jpg
screeny2.jpg (18.95 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
Context.jpg
Context.jpg (18.04 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
jb_coder
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by jb_coder »

This won't answer your question, but here are some links that might be helpful.

http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/ - wxWidgets wiki were searching on Anjuta (or IDE) might give you some useful information.
http://www.codeblocks.org/ - Code::Blocks IDE which supports wxWidgets code completion comparable to MSVC.
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra »

Weisswurst wrote:This information can compleatly be generated from the code.
I think in wx.h all the information are available...
Ok, so you are just looking for autocompletion support, which Anjuta does have, and from what I've read, it supports ctags. Just build a tags file from the wxWidgets include and src directories, and set that up in Anjuta (you'll have to get help from the Anjuta community for that step, I don't know how you need to do this, I just know it's possible).
Weisswurst
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Weisswurst »

Yes, your ctags hint was very useful.
I sucessfully generated a ctag file with the wxstuff but anjuta isn't using it.
I asked in the anjuta mailinglist for help.

Thanks very much.