opengl+glut problem Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
idhan
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

opengl+glut problem

Post by idhan »

Hi,

i am writing an application with opengl and wxwidgets on windows. In my application I use some glut command to display text on some simples shapes. On windows everything work fine, but now on linux, I get the problem with glut (freeglut is the name on linux-Kubuntu distribution). I always get the same error on each glut command:

glutinit function wasn't initialized

Of course I cann't call it, because also I don't have the parameters to call it since I am using wxwidgets instead of glut. I just need some command of glut.

On windows the program works.. but under linux I have that error...

I have try to comment the lines with glut command and the program works without problem... but of course I need display text on 2D..

thanks for you help...
megabyte
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by megabyte »

My suggestion is to use FTGL
idhan
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by idhan »

any another idea??
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

Of course I cann't call it, because also I don't have the parameters to call it since I am using wxwidgets instead of glut. I just need some command of glut.
i usually make up parameters

int argc = 0;
char** argv = NULL;
glutInit(&argc, argv);

Perhaps not the cleanest way to go but works fine on both my wxMac and wxGTK builds.
idhan
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by idhan »

did it work..thanks a lot!!