Application is crashing on Windows XP Home Topic is solved

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
Morfio
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Application is crashing on Windows XP Home

Post by Morfio »

Hi,

I've created an application which works fine under Linux, Mac OS X and sometimes on Windows XP Home (German Edition, SP4).

If I start the Application on the console with "..\..\..\build\crm.exe" it works fine. Also if I start it by double clicking the crm.exe file in the Explorer.

Now, if I move the build directory (c:\BolsoShopSystem\build) to c:\build, it works fine too. After renaming it to c:\test the application crashes. After I rename the directory to c:\u, it works fine. So, in some directories it works, in the others it doesn't.

But it seems that the application works in all directories, if I use (I don't know how it realy is called in the English version of Windows) "Kompatibilit
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Application is crashing on Windows XP Home

Post by Auria »

Morfio wrote: Now, if I move the build directory (c:\BolsoShopSystem\build) to c:\build, it works fine too. After renaming it to c:\test the application crashes. After I rename the directory to c:\u, it works fine. So, in some directories it works, in the others it doesn't.
Hi, what is this crash exactly? 'Crash' is a bit vague, is there an eror message, what does a debugger tell, where does it happen, what function crashes, etc.

And maybe test with wx 2.8 too, it contains many bug fixes from 2.6 (though i have no idea if that one is fixed, using the latest version is always better when reporting bugs)
Morfio
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by Morfio »

I'm sorry. The crashes are the results of a hardware defect of my notebook. On other machines my software works perfectly with windows, now I've many bluescreens on my notebook.

Thank you all, Morfio ...