wxImage loads all ok, but won't display Topic is solved

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

wxImage loads all ok, but won't display

Post by Auria »

Hi everyone

I wrote a wxWidgets 2.8.0 app under OS X, and now i'm trying to get it to run in Linux (wxGTK 2.8.0). The code runs perfectly on OS X, so i'll assume that it is correct.

I am loading images with wxImage. (Yes, i did add Image Handlers ;) ) to place them in wxBitmapButtons and other stuff.

The image loads without any problem. I am able to get its width and height, i can get whether it has alpha, i am even able to get the color of single pixels from it. However, it will not appear on screen, the buttons are empty - and in wxMAC it does work perfectly.

Whereever i use wxImage the result is empty.

Some samples use bitmap buttons, and everything works okay in them ( :? ) my app must do something special that breaks wxGTK

any clue?
thanks
FlyingIsFun1217
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: wxImage loads all ok, but won't display

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Auria wrote:The code runs perfectly on OS X, so i'll assume that it is correct.
Just a tip; never do

FlyingIsFun1217 ;)
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

FlyingIsFun1217 wrote:
Just a tip; never do

FlyingIsFun1217 ;)
Alright i'll remember :P Though i based myself on the sample to write the code and i think everything i is okay with what i see in the docs so i'm just confused... ah those GUI toolkits
FlyingIsFun1217
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Auria wrote:
FlyingIsFun1217 wrote:
Just a tip; never do

FlyingIsFun1217 ;)
Alright i'll remember :P Though i based myself on the sample to write the code and i think everything i is okay with what i see in the docs so i'm just confused... ah those GUI toolkits
Can't blame ya, it can be somewhat confusing. Stick around, and somebody will help you, I'm sure :)

FlyingIsFun1217