wxDev-C++ 6.10.1 released

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
tbreina

wxDev-C++ 6.10.1 released

Post by tbreina »

We just uploaded version 6.10.1 to SourceForge. This is primarily a bug fix release. The only additions to 6.10 are the upgrade of the wxWidgets devpaks to version 2.8 and the addition of regex searches.

We've also removed the "beta" status from the project as we feel the IDE is now stable for day-to-day use and bug fixes are made and updated (via WebUpdate) in a timely manner.

Bug fixes:
  • *Corrected installer to handle paths with parentheses (ala x64 machines)
    *XPM files get generated in a separate folder.
    *XPM files are named with their parent name prefixed to them (The form related bitmaps contains a "Self_" prefix). This is to make sure a bitmap from one form doesn't overwrite another bitmap from another form with the same name.
    *wxMediaCtrl Event Generation bugFix.
    *Moved the OnSelect Events of the ListCtrl and TreeCtrl to the first position to make sure those are events that are created when the user double clicks those controls.
    *Dynamically turn on and off the captions of the toolbar buttons based on the Toolbar style.
    *Erratic breakpoint file name
    *Added --output-def to DLL makefile command
    *Fixed the DLL dependencies bug.
    *Also changed dynamic extensions to .lib
    *Fix for the Crash when the Folder of the Class Browser is selected and when a new class form is invoked.
    *Added the missing 3rd part include folders to the Cpp includes
    *When the debug button is clicked, the project is compiled before debugging it.
    *The XPMs are generated if not found on Save and Save All function
    *Fix the problem where the user cannot create c project
    *Fix for recursive debug attempt by the IDE.
    *Bug fix for # 1545110. http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=611982
    *Fixed the syntax highlighter preview. Changes made in the dialog will be immediately reflected in the preview control.
    *Added regular expression support for find/replace.
    *Fixed range error in Findfrm.pas
    *Fixed manifest error when using FAT32
    *Updated code generation for sizers for wxWidgets 2.8
    *Apply the XP theme to tool menu items.
    *Statictext gets overwritten bug fix (#1404612) http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=611982
    *Splitter window vertical/horizontal bug fix (#1589252) http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=611982
    *Change for removing manifest warning with VC2005.
    *Semicolons missing from SetHeader and SetFooter procedures, needed to compile correctly
    *Fix for new bitmap generation code and hyperlinkctrl fixes
    *Fix for space names in the ExeOutput and ObjOutput project directories (g++ -shared).
    *Fixed OpenGL template for Mingw gcc
    *Added missing DevC++ samples devpak
    *[Bug #1591576 ] Fix for wxDev-C++ does not save project version information
For those of you who are currently running version 6.10, we suggest you do a WebUpdate (Tools->Check for Updates/Packages) from the wxDev-C++ DevPak server. The current stable 6.10.1 is available for download along with the new wxWidgets 2.8 Devpaks (please make sure you uninstall the 2.7 devpaks before the upgrade). (We've never done a full update through WebUpdate before, so please be patient with any hiccups.)

Enjoy!
-Tony
Last edited by tbreina on Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
fougny
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by fougny »

Hello,

Is there a way to define a proxy for the web update?

I try to find it but i found it nowhere?

(very sorry if it's trivial, but seriously i did'nt find it!)
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

fougny wrote:Hello,

Is there a way to define a proxy for the web update?

I try to find it but i found it nowhere?

(very sorry if it's trivial, but seriously i did'nt find it!)
Are you trying a WebUpdate from wxDev-C++ version 6.10? If so, then it should be Tools->Check for Updates/Packages and the "wxDev-C++ DevPak Server".

If not, then you should definitely do an uninstall and use the full installer. The directory organization changed quite a bit between 6.9 and 6.10.

-Tony
fougny
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by fougny »

In fact i was using wxdevcpp 6.10. After some try i discover that wxdevcpp use the proxy defined in IE. (and my proxy was not defined in IE : i used firefox:) )
Now it works fine.

Thanks for the reply
lowjoel
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by lowjoel »

Yes, if you use MSN Messenger (correction: Windows Live Messenger) you should have your proxy stuff configured in Control Panel | Internet Options anyway...

One note about WebUpdate. You probably will only be able to use it if you were trying the Unstable beforehand. THis is because there is a bug with the old WebUpdate that did not allow it to perform devcpp.exe upgrades, and it has been fixed in 6.10-1. So if you update wxDev-C++ via WebUpdate and get an error, go to our SourceForge site and grab the installer this time around, in the future you should be able to use WebUpdate direct.

Last thing, There are two versions of wxDev-C++ on the WebUpdate. One is the Stable release, one is the Unstable. Most of us should use the Stable, ut if you feel adventurous and aren't afraid of crashes, use the Unstable, you will be rewarded with the new features :) (I'll keep the new features as a secret for the moment).

Joel
hansje
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by hansje »

Hi,
After installing the new 6.10.1 (with the installer from sourceforge) I felt adventurous and used webupdate to get the unstable version.
Download went ok and then the webupdate tool closed devcpp to be updated.
After a long long while (5 mins or so) a messagebox popped up saying: "devcpp could not be updated".
But it definately got updated (at least partially) because the form designer's palette looks all different (better!).
Can I assume the update went well after all? Or should I try again?
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

hansje wrote:Hi,
After installing the new 6.10.1 (with the installer from sourceforge) I felt adventurous and used webupdate to get the unstable version.
Download went ok and then the webupdate tool closed devcpp to be updated.
After a long long while (5 mins or so) a messagebox popped up saying: "devcpp could not be updated".
But it definately got updated (at least partially) because the form designer's palette looks all different (better!).
Can I assume the update went well after all? Or should I try again?
I'd assume that everything went ok, but you should probably PM joel to make sure that he's aware. He was the last person to tinker with the webUpdate stuff.

The new designer palette will be incorporated into the next release. I'm expecting that release to take 6-12 months because it will be a major code revision.

-Tony
NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL »

tbreina wrote:The new designer palette will be incorporated into the next release. I'm expecting that release to take 6-12 months because it will be a major code revision.

-Tony
But don't forget you can always try the bleeding edge release form Joel's site, I will be working on several changes myself, so I will be releasing sub alphas myself, you yourself maintain a svn build from your site, and quite possibly Guru will release his versions too (not discussed it with him yet). So all in all should the users desire the new features then they will have to "run the risks" inherent with a development release.

Obviously we are aware of changes coming up that the users won't be aware of, but as long as they keep a copy of the initial devcpp.exe file from the installer, they can continue to see what we are up to, without losing the usability of their original installation.
Follow the development of my screenplay authoring program at http://wxscreenplaywriter.blogspot.com/
howard
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by howard »

The class browser of this version does't work on my pc, other functions work well.
My os is Microsoft Windows XP SP2.
lowjoel
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by lowjoel »

You have to be more specific about "doesn't work". I can't guess what you imply by douesn't work because it can have a million meanings to "doesn't work". What do you mean by "doesn't work" can you describe the symptoms?

Joel
howard
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by howard »

lowjoel wrote:You have to be more specific about "doesn't work". I can't guess what you imply by douesn't work because it can have a million meanings to "doesn't work". What do you mean by "doesn't work" can you describe the symptoms?

Joel
sorry, i just want to say that i can't see class list of current project in class browser. :)
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

howard wrote:
lowjoel wrote:You have to be more specific about "doesn't work". I can't guess what you imply by douesn't work because it can have a million meanings to "doesn't work". What do you mean by "doesn't work" can you describe the symptoms?

Joel
sorry, i just want to say that i can't see class list of current project in class browser. :)
Is your project located under the installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\My Project)? If so, then this is a known bug. It's been corrected in SVN. Try going to Tools->Compiler Options->Include Directories and removing the C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp from the list. Or, move your project to a different directory (e.g. C:\My Documents\My Project).

-Tony
howard
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by howard »

tbreina wrote:
howard wrote:

Joel
Is your project located under the installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\My Project)? If so, then this is a known bug. It's been corrected in SVN. Try going to Tools->Compiler Options->Include Directories and removing the C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp from the list. Or, move your project to a different directory (e.g. C:\My Documents\My Project).

-Tony
Thank you, I can see class list now.
sobaka
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by sobaka »

2 NinjaNL.

Hey man what
NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL »

[quote="sobaka"]2 NinjaNL.

Hey man what
Follow the development of my screenplay authoring program at http://wxscreenplaywriter.blogspot.com/