ANN: wxPack Released Topic is solved

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
zhouhao
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by zhouhao »

Unfortunately no matter in debug or release. got the same problem for wxLog.

I've tried another machine which installed with vs 2005 pro version. wxLog problem is the same as the one in my machine.

I think definitely something is wrong in wxPack built binary.
RJP Computing
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by RJP Computing »

Can I get a some source code or email me the project. That way I can test it as well.
- Ryan
RJP Computing
wxPack - Precompiled wxWidgets package.

Ubuntu 9.04 x86_64/WinXP, AMD Athlon x2 3000+, 4000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, nVidia GeForce 9400GS 1GB
zhouhao
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by zhouhao »

I got the same wxLog problem in release version. I've also tested it in another machine running VS 2005 Pro and got the same error. That means there definitely some problem in wxPack or wxWidget 2.6.3-33. Since I tested the same testing program under wxWidgets 2.6.2 without any problem.
RJP Computing
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by RJP Computing »

zhouhao wrote:I got the same wxLog problem in release version. I've also tested it in another machine running VS 2005 Pro and got the same error. That means there definitely some problem in wxPack or wxWidget 2.6.3-33. Since I tested the same testing program under wxWidgets 2.6.2 without any problem.
OK but I still need a copy of the project or a small example project that has the problem. You can email it to me <rjpcomputing[at]rjpcomputing.com>.
- Ryan
RJP Computing

Ubuntu 9.04 x86_64/WinXP, AMD Athlon x2 3000+, 4000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, nVidia GeForce 9400GS 1GB
zhouhao
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by zhouhao »

RJP Computing wrote: OK but I still need a copy of the project or a small example project that has the problem. You can email it to me <rjpcomputing[at]rjpcomputing.com>.
I've sent you a email with my source code. Have you received it? It includes a project file of vs 2005. I think it's easily reproduced the problem.

Waiting for your reply. Thanks
RJP Computing
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

ANN: wxPack v2.7.0.28 Released

Post by RJP Computing »

There is a new release of wxPack. It now includes wxWidgets v2.7.0. This is a big update. If you want to continue to use wxWidgets v2.6.3 do not install this version. It will uninstall the old version of wxPack during its install. Download now.
- Ryan
RJP Computing

zhouhao
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by zhouhao »

I've downloaded the latest wxPack (for wxWidgets 2.7). The wxLog problem is still there. So I build wxWidgets 2.7 by myself and run my test. Everything is fine. So there are definitely something wrong in wxPack build.

Here is my code:

Code: Select all

FILE* fp = fopen("test.log","w+");
        if (fp )
        {
                wxLog::SetActiveTarget(new wxLogStderr(fp));
        }

And here is my error message:

testlog.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall wxLog::DoLog(unsigned long,unsigned short const *,__int64)" (?DoLog@wxLog@@MAEXKPBG_J@Z)
testlog.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall wxLogStderr::DoLogString(unsigned short const *,__int64)" (?DoLogString@wxLogStderr@@MAEXPBG_J@Z)
RJP Computing
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by RJP Computing »

zhouhao wrote:I've downloaded the latest wxPack (for wxWidgets 2.7). The wxLog problem is still there. So I build wxWidgets 2.7 by myself and run my test. Everything is fine. So there are definitely something wrong in wxPack build.
Can you tell me your build settings. I don't change much from the stock implimentation. That would helpful in figuring this out. All the other logging functions work for me. I even redirect to a TextCtrl. Just not to StdErr.

Thanks.
- Ryan
RJP Computing

zhouhao
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by zhouhao »

I'm using MONOLITHIC,unicode,dll,release/debug build.