wxJS (JavaScript wxWidgets) 0.8.5 released Topic is solved

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
fbronx
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

wxJS (JavaScript wxWidgets) 0.8.5 released

Post by fbronx »

A new version of wxJS (JavaScript wxWidgets) is released at http://wxjs.sourceforge.net. You can use wxJS to write scripts in JavaScript (like you do with Perl for example) using the power of wxWidgets classes. extract.js is a good example on what you can do with wxJS. This script extracts the documentation from the c++ source files and generates the html documentation files.

There is also an expiremental Apache module mod_wxjs which makes it possible to write dynamic web pages with JavaScript and wxWidgets classes.

The next release will focus on building wxJS with MingW (using eclipse/CDT). When this succeeds, the next step will be to build wxJS on Linux (currently, wxJS is only build on Windows)

Franky.
Use wxWidgets in JavaScript: GLUEscript
lowjoel
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by lowjoel »

I used to love JS, and I'm just wondering... how is your script going to be interpreted?
fbronx
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by fbronx »

lowjoel wrote:I used to love JS, and I'm just wondering... how is your script going to be interpreted?
The script is interpreted by the wxJS.exe program or by mod_wxjs when used on an Apache server. When you have your own JS runtime, it's also possible to load the DLL's from your own C/C++ programs.
Use wxWidgets in JavaScript: GLUEscript