wxWdigets new controls

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
eistware
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxWdigets new controls

Post by eistware »

Hi,

We are happy to announce that the extreme shape controls for wxWidgets toolkit, is now released for alpha.

Please note, This is no not part of the standard distribution of wxWidgets, and it is commercial

The new package contains various controls, to replace the existing standard controls.

The current distribution contains the following controls:

- Popup Menu - With more exciting and cool look (MS Office 2003, MS Office 2007) - Note currently New menu bar is WIP

- Styled Notebook - an extenstion to eranif's wxFlatNotebook, with more styled tabs and addition features (colourful tabs)

- Various buttons, with various styles (flat, semi flat, MS Office 2003/2007), all buttons has an option to add image to it.

- Menu Button

- Colour Picker

- Label book - window container with labels to the sides, can contain images, bitmap skin

- Image Book - another window container, similar to FireFox Options dialog

- Simple TimeGraph - time based graph (Similar to MS task manager CPU usage graph)

More controls are currently under development.
All API are subject to change based on feedback.

Supported platforms:

+ MS Window XP SP1/2

Future releases, will include Pre build distribution for Linux.

A screenshot that attempts to capture most of the controls

The pre-built libraries/samples can be downloaded from here
http://www.eistware.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=36

Regards,
eiStware.
Cursor
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: wxWdigets new controls

Post by Cursor »

Looks nice !

I have just a little question :
eistware wrote: Future releases, will include Pre build distribution for Linux.
As yours widgets looks like standard windows widgets, how will you implement thoses widgets under linux ? corresponding GTK+ widgets or completly rewrited ?
What is little and green, witch go up and down ??
Yoda playing with the force.
eistware
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by eistware »

Hi,

Basically, we will modify the controls to fit the look and feel or until our graphic guy will say it is OK

most of them already compiles and runs smoothly on Linux (The menu, buttons)

But, before we go to other platforms, we would like to get a stable product.

eistware
Cursor
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by Cursor »

Ok cool.
Good job.
What is little and green, witch go up and down ??
Yoda playing with the force.
lowjoel
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by lowjoel »

Your samples dynamically link to msvcprt71d and msvcr71d. Under the EULA I don't think that is allowed.

What's worse is that no one has those DLLs installed, so your samples don't work.
ABX
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: wxWdigets new controls

Post by ABX »

eistware wrote:We are happy to announce that the extreme shape controls for wxWidgets toolkit, is now released for alpha.

Please note, This is no not part of the standard distribution of wxWidgets, and it is commercial
Hi! Good work! However if that's not part of wxWidgets, I believe the subject of this thread is unfortunate. To me it suggests part of wxWidgets mentioned.

And BTW doing commercial work of wxWidgets I always dreamed about the day that every commercial usage will bring something back to the community since commercial profit is made by using freely donated code. Have it in heart in the future :-)
eistware wrote:- Colour Picker
There is colour picker control just added to future wxWidgets releases (as well as font, directory and file pickers) with native implementations under GTK.
eistware wrote:- Image Book - another window container, similar to FireFox Options dialog
Curious, how is it different from wxListbook using large icons with list on the left?

Here is how current development version of widgets sample look like (under Win2000):

ABX
CVS Head, 2.8.X
wxMSW, wxWinCE, wxPalmOS, wxOS2, wxMGL, bakefile
gcc 3.2.3, bcc 5.51, dmc 8.48, ow 1.6, vc 7.1, evc 3/4, pods 1.2
eistware
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by eistware »

Hi,
And BTW doing commercial work of wxWidgets I always dreamed about the day that every commercial usage will bring something back to the community since commercial profit is made by using freely donated code. Have it in heart in the future Smile
Currently, our project is free for non commercial purposes, it means you are alowed to link against our library free of charge. I believe this can be counted as contribution to the community.
There is colour picker control just added to future wxWidgets releases (as well as font, directory and file pickers) with native implementations under GTK.
I am aware of that, but it is important to understand that our main goal is not to add new functionlity to wxWidgets, but to make the controls look better.

You can also mention, that wxWidgets already has a menu, but still, it is the look that matters. If on the way we find a new functionlity that can be useful to all, we add (e.g. icon with text on button)
Curious, how is it different from wxListbook using large icons with list on the left?
Try it. it simply does not look right. The selection of the icon, when hovering over an icon etc.

eistware
gururamnath
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by gururamnath »

Hi,
Nice to see a commercial company trying to create cool UIs for wx. I hope you can build more cool stuff in the coming days.

How much do you plan to charge for this library ? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Guru Kathiresan
eistware
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by eistware »

Hi,

The price will be around 50 USD.

Regards,
eistware