Cross-compile a MacOS application under Linux? Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
SuperPat
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Cross-compile a MacOS application under Linux?

Post by SuperPat »

Hello,

By curiosity, it is possible to cross-compile a wxMSW application under linux, but what for the cross-compilation of wxMac software under linux?
Currently developing, with wxWidgets, an open sources multi-platform (Windows, Linux, MacOs) download manager/accelerator with an Web sites aspiration function named SPGet:
http://spget.sourceforge.net/
wsinda
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by wsinda »

That should not be much of a problem. I did the reverse (developed on Linux, ported to Mac). The only Mac-specific problem I ran into was when accessing binary files: the byte order on the Mac is the other way around. There are some macros for that in wx, but I had to revert to my own conversion code.
chris
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by chris »

I think SuperPat meant compiling executables for Mac on Linux -- that's what cross compiling is all about. wx' whole purpose is to be source compatible on different platforms, that's the easy part.

Back to the question: I don't know of a way to do this. It would be great if it was possible, but I doubt it is, sorry.

Chris
this->signature=NULL;
wsinda
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by wsinda »

Sorry, misunderstood the question. If, as you say, you can compile for the Mac on a Windows box, then it should be possible to do the same on a Linux box, simply by using Wine.
SuperPat
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by SuperPat »

If, as you say, you can compile for the Mac on a Windows box, then it should be possible to do the same on a Linux box, simply by using Wine.
I don't know this.
How can I compile for the Mac on a Windows box?
Currently developing, with wxWidgets, an open sources multi-platform (Windows, Linux, MacOs) download manager/accelerator with an Web sites aspiration function named SPGet:
http://spget.sourceforge.net/
chris
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by chris »

You can't, just like you can't compile Mac binaries on Linux.
The only cross compiling that works and I know of is compiling for Windows on Linux.

Chris
this->signature=NULL;