Closing apps in Windows 2000

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
torrente
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Closing apps in Windows 2000

Post by torrente »

I am (slowly) learning to use WxWidgets and after some time I have just started to write small applications. However, I'm still having a problem I have not been to solve.

I use Windows 2000, WxWidgets 2.4.2 with MingW (gcc version 3.2.3) and the main problem is closing the main windows. I ALWAYS see an error like "instruction in .... references memory in ..... Memory could not be read".

I have been looking in Google, WxWidgets' web, Classes reference but was imposible to catch the error.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Thank you
NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL »

Sounds stupid, but I used to get this all the time when I used kerio firewall.

I removed this and installed ZoneAlarm and this doesn't happen that much lately.
Follow the development of my screenplay authoring program at http://wxscreenplaywriter.blogspot.com/
torrente
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Thank you but..

Post by torrente »

... it didn't seem to work.

In spite of that, is an interesting approach, I will try to start & end applications (mine & apps from windows) to see if there is any relation.

Strangely, the message is ALMOST the same. I can read (I am seeing this message now)

"Instruction in <different_memory_address> references to 0x00000008. Memory could not be 'read' "
mispunt
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by mispunt »

perhaps you could try it on an other win2k machine... perhaps it only happens at your machine... Who knows... you have to start somewhere..
torrente
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Answering myself

Post by torrente »

It was the classical free-the-pointers-stupid!. When I did "delete" in the pointers, in the destructor of the main frame I myself caused the application to suffer an error