wxMSW and wxWidgets

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
chakkaradeepcc
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

wxMSW and wxWidgets

Post by chakkaradeepcc »

hi all,

i really have a doubt..i downloaded the wxWidgets from the site and i installed it in Linux....then i found i should use MSW option for cross-compilation...so is there separate wxMSW somewhere or what is the difference btween wxMSW and wxWidgets download files??..r theyt same??

with regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep.
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

What do you mean ? You use:

- wxGTK zip file if you are under Linux
- wxMSW zip if you are under Windows

In essence the sources are the same, but not all files are the same. So did you downloaded wxGTK for Linux (I assume you do, but then I don't know what you mean).

Regards,
- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
upCASE

Post by upCASE »

Hi!
For cross-compilation I guess you should use the mingw gcc compiler suite as your cross-compiler on linux. Download wxMSW or wxALL for compilation.
I'm not really sure wether cross-compilation from Linux works or not, maybe somebody else can confirm this, but I heard that with mingw it works pretty well in general.
wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
chakkaradeepcc
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by chakkaradeepcc »

hi,

yeah i downloaded wxGTK for Linux.......now i have to use mingw compiler to compile in linux so that i can produce "a.exe" as outputs and not as ".o"....so it is clear that i have to use MS-Windows files..i also have them in "/usr/win32"....so now is wxGTK is suitable for this or i have to download wxALL and configure for wxMSW port?

with regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

Ok, I misunderstood. Scratch my post. You ofcourse wanted to x-compile for windows under Linux. I cannot contribute much to that, it is however interesting to get it going...

Regards,
- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
chakkaradeepcc
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by chakkaradeepcc »

hi,

"./configure --prefix=/usr/local/i586-mingw32msvc --host=i586-mingw32msvc --target=i586-mingw32msvc --with-msw "

the above command will configure wxWindows to be compiled under Mingw compiler in Linux Platform itself....the make process is also fine and make install process is also fine.....but how to compile a simple HelloWorld program using mingw compiler..i tried by the following command..

"i586-mingwmsvc-gcc Hello.cpp 'wx-config --libs --cflags' -o hello"

this is giving many errors stating that the header file cannot be found and also link error....i have added LD_LIBRARY PATH ans also added entry in /etc/ld.so.conf...but it is not working...!!

Note To Jorg

Sorry again Jorg...i misused the Compiler Forum..and again i placed my post in wrong forum..i thought u would delete it...i wont repeat it again....thanks.

with regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep.