wxPdfDocument 0.6 released

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
utelle

wxPdfDocument 0.6 released

Post by utelle »

Finally version 0.6 of wxPdfDocument is completed; a file release is now available for download. The file release comes in two flavors: a .zip file for wxMSW and a .tar.gz file for wxGTK. Build support for wxGTK is still experimental. Feedback is welcome.

The new version has several enhancements:
  • Added features: color gradients, geometric transformations, barcodes, new graphics elements (marker, arrow);
  • Additional samples for new features plus simple charting example;
  • MakeFont utility (preparing fonts for embedding);
  • Changed API of graphics primitives: line style and fill color parameters deleted, line style and fill color have to be set using SetLineStyle and SetFillColor;
  • Bug in Write method fixed, WriteCell method added;
  • Updated API documentation.
Have fun! :)

Regards,

Ulrich
Jamie
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by Jamie »

Great work.

A slight bug in src/pdfbarcode.cpp:299, replace this:

Code: Select all

_T("$H"), _T("$I"), _T("$J"), _T("
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

I was wondering whether there's a label example like with fpdf? I'd like to make a program that creates mailing labels for Avery labels.

Thanks.
-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
utelle

Post by utelle »

Jamie wrote:A slight bug in src/pdfbarcode.cpp:299, replace this: [...]
Thank you for finding this subtle bug. Corrected now in CVS and in file release 0.6.1.

Regards,

Ulrich
utelle

Post by utelle »

tbreina wrote:I was wondering whether there's a label example like with fpdf? I'd like to make a program that creates mailing labels for Avery labels.
I remember you asked this already shortly before I released the first version of wxPdfDocument in September. Well, a few hours ago I would have answered "Sorry, there's no label example I know of." But you are lucky - in the meantime I have converted the FPDF PHP script PDF_Label of Laurent Passebecq to wxPdfDocument. At least for Laurent's example I get the same result. :)

I'll add the label example to the wxPdfDocument samples in the next release, but that may take a while. If you can't wait until the code has found its way into the wxPdfDocument file release. Send me a private message with your mail address and I send you the code.

Regards,

Ulrich

Update: Label printing example is now available in wxCode CVS.
Last edited by utelle on Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

But you are lucky - in the meantime I have converted the FPDF PHP script PDF_Label of Laurent Passebecq to wxPdfDocument.
Wonderful news! Laurent's script is the one that I was using with my PHP code. It makes a really nice label maker.

Thanks for the hard work.
-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.