wxWidgets buzilla? Topic is solved

This forum is reserved for everything you want to talk about. It could be about programming, opinions, open source programs, development in general, or just cool stuff to share!
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

wxWidgets buzilla?

Post by priyank_bolia »

Where is the buzilla? I want to post a bug that the function defination of:
virtual wxListItemAttr * OnGetItemAttr(long item)
should be:
virtual wxListItemAttr * OnGetItemAttr(long item) const
in the 2.6.1 documentation, windows chm.

I don't want to subscribe to the mailing list, becuase I don't have internet access at home, and at office the amount of traffic on these mailing lists would definately take my job away, or my name will be on the notice board of defaulters.
upCASE

Post by upCASE »

wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
lowjoel
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by lowjoel »

@priyank for me i get around 10-20 pieces a day... might be my server screwing up, but i dont think 20 a day is enough to raise alarm bells...

then again... i dont know your the employee :P, just wannalet you know how much traffic the wx list generates, as well as that the wx list does help heaps :)
ABX
Can't get richer than this

Re: wxWidgets buzilla?

Post by ABX »

priyank_bolia wrote:Where is the buzilla?
Don't take me wrong, I know how active you are in these forums but seruiously it probably takes less time to find support page in wxWidgets website and find 'bugs' word in first line of it than the time you used to write the question.
priyank_bolia wrote:I want to post a bug that the function defination of:
virtual wxListItemAttr * OnGetItemAttr(long item)
should be:
virtual wxListItemAttr * OnGetItemAttr(long item) const
in the 2.6.1 documentation, windows chm.
Fixed both in CVS Head and 26 branch, thanks. Please follow regular bug reporting in the future, thanks in advance.
priyank_bolia wrote:I don't want to subscribe to the mailing list, becuase I don't have internet access at home
I don't find it related (I mean, having internet at home and participate wxW communities and bug reporting). I don't have it at home too, but:
- mailing lists are of lower activity than this forum
- they are unrelated to reporting bugs since bug trackers are www
- mailing lists are available through gmane.
priyank_bolia wrote:and at office the amount of traffic on these mailing lists would definately take my job away, or my name will be on the notice board of defaulters.
Well, if forum did not broke your activity than I think wx mailing lists will not make it worse.

Thanks,

ABX
CVS Head, 2.8.X
wxMSW, wxWinCE, wxPalmOS, wxOS2, wxMGL, bakefile
gcc 3.2.3, bcc 5.51, dmc 8.48, ow 1.6, vc 7.1, evc 3/4, pods 1.2
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by priyank_bolia »

@ABX
Don't take me wrong, I know how active you are in these forums but seruiously it probably takes less time to find support page in wxWidgets website and find 'bugs' word in first line of it than the time you used to write the question.
Sometimes you miss things, and I generally find it easier to ask those who knows.

Well, if forum did not broke your activity than I think wx mailing lists will not make it worse.
I can't mail also from my personal addresses as SMTP here is blocked, also the number of mails you recieved via POP3 is recorded. HTTP is little more flexible for the time being and I use generally my own email address at priyank.in and don't have a webmail facility on 80 port.
ABX

Post by ABX »

I can't mail also from my personal addresses as SMTP here is blocked, also the number of mails you recieved via POP3 is recorded. HTTP is little more flexible for the time being and I use generally my own email address at priyank.in and don't have a webmail facility on 80 port.
As I said, wx-users and wx-dev lists are available at gmane. So you can read, write and search mailing lists completly through http. See:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.wxwidgets.devel/
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.wxwindows.general/

ABX
CVS Head, 2.8.X
wxMSW, wxWinCE, wxPalmOS, wxOS2, wxMGL, bakefile
gcc 3.2.3, bcc 5.51, dmc 8.48, ow 1.6, vc 7.1, evc 3/4, pods 1.2
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by priyank_bolia »

@ABX
Thanks, I didn't know about that, and also about gmane.
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra »

I personally have found it useful to throw all my mailing lists into a Gmail account where it's all filtered for me, easy searching (not that the newsgroup isn't indexed by Google), very portable, and has amazing spam filtering (for the lists that don't know how to protect against it). 50,000+ emails over the past year on close to maybe 20 mailing lists, and I'm still only using 10% of my account. The conversation view doesn't track replies as well as the threaded support in most mail clients, but I haven't found that to be a serious problem (most replies tend to be in reply to a few different people anyway).