_GetApplicationEventTarget Cocoa 64 bit

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
klehocz
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

_GetApplicationEventTarget Cocoa 64 bit

Post by klehocz »

Hi!

I get a linker error looking for eg. _GetApplicationEventTarget when I try to link a 64 bit macOS version of my software, linking to WxWidgets statically.

Code: Select all

"_GetApplicationEventTarget", referenced from:
      wxWindow::RegisterHotKey(int, int, int) in libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.1.a(corelib_window_osx.o)
  "_GetCurrentKeyModifiers", referenced from:
      -[DropSourceDelegate draggedImage:movedTo:] in libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.1.a(corelib_cocoa_dnd.o)
  "_GetEventParameter", referenced from:
      wxHotKeyHandler(OpaqueEventHandlerCallRef*, OpaqueEventRef*, void*) in libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.1.a(corelib_window_osx.o)
  "_GetEventTime", referenced from:
      wxWindow::MacControlHit(void*, void*) in libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.1.a(corelib_window_osx.o)
      wxHotKeyHandler(OpaqueEventHandlerCallRef*, OpaqueEventRef*, void*) in libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.1.a(corelib_window_osx.o)
These functions don't seem to be supported under 64 bit.
I've compiled WxWidgets using the command line, which seems to succeed. I tried various settings recommended in this forum, but the subsequent linking with my own software fails.
Currently using these settings:

Code: Select all

../configure --with-osx_cocoa --with-opengl --disable-shared --enable-unicode --with-libpng=builtin --enable-macosx_arch=x86_64 --with-macosx-version-min=10.13
I'm using Xcode 9.2 to compile my own program. I'm under macOS High Sierra, and the only SDK I have installed is the 10.13.
Does anyone have any ideas what I might be missing?
Last edited by catalin on Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: code tags
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: _GetApplicationEventTarget Cocoa 64 bit

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
Is minimal sample works for you?

Also try to find a sample that uses "RegisterHotKey" and see if you can compile and run it successfully.
Unfortunately I don't remember which one on top of my head.

Thank you.
klehocz
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: _GetApplicationEventTarget Cocoa 64 bit

Post by klehocz »

When I used the provided Xcode project to compile wxWidget, it worked. So, apparently something isn't right with that way of compiling on the command line. I think the article "Compiling wxWidgets using the command-line (Terminal)" in the wiki is outdated, because I tried that, and had the same issue.