samples.rc

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
branchc
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

samples.rc

Post by branchc »

Hi

I'm compiling under MSVS 2019. When I compile the ribbon sample (and all others I've tried) I get an error that wx/msw/wx.rc is not found. The file is there in the include directory but VS can't find it.

If I remove the resource from the project it compiles with no problems (as do all the other samples).

Do I need this resource, if so how do I tell MSVS the path. Not I set $(WXWIN) env variable and used this for the include and lib paths and these all work.

Its only the resource I have an issue with.

Thanks
doublemax

Re: samples.rc

Post by doublemax »

The include paths for the resources are defined in Project -> Configation Properties -> Resources
But usually these should be set correctly out of the box.
Use the source, Luke!
branchc
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by branchc »

:D got it working

Thanks I updated the resource path and also copied samples.ico into the project as this was needed

Note some samples code have an rc file like mdi but ribbon uses a default samples.rc which is in samples dir

So when you copy ribbon out of samples to use it looses the resource.

If you take samples.rc and rename it ribbon.rc and place in the project folder with the other cop files you are good to go just add it to the project in MSvS and remove the samples.rc current included
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
You might post to wx-users or open the ticket on trac.wxwidgets.org in order for that to be fixed.
That is if yo didn't change anything prior to compiling the samples.

Thank you.