good and simple to use IDE for wxWidgets based applications?

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Kvaz1r
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: good and simple to use IDE for wxWidgets based applications?

Post by Kvaz1r »

gtafan wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:56 pm Even doing everithing manually is still simpler then using that external sh*t.
Well, it seems here yet another person who not understand what does mean word simple is.
Written code manually couldn't been simplier than just pressing buttons in application until what do you see will be good enough. After that almost all that you still need to do manually only copy and paste operations. And relative popularity of the project is the best confirmation of my words.

Of course it would be much better if wxFB supported modern Bind instead Connect but except this (well to be honest it has more issues :))... it really can saved time.
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by stahta01 »

I think you do not want "good" and "simple".
Maybe you want a quick and easy RAD tool.

Tim S.
gtafan
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by gtafan »

Kvaz1r wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:33 pm
gtafan wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:56 pm Even doing everithing manually is still simpler then using that external sh*t.
Well, it seems here yet another person who not understand what does mean word simple is.
Written code manually couldn't been simplier than just pressing buttons in application until what do you see will be good enough. After that almost all that you still need to do manually only copy and paste operations. And relative popularity of the project is the best confirmation of my words.

Of course it would be much better if wxFB supported modern Bind instead Connect but except this (well to be honest it has more issues :))... it really can saved time.
OK, if you create first the complete GUI and after that starting to write the coresponding code, without any changes to GUI I could agree, but normally it´s not worcking this way. Specially for big projekts, this is not really a solution.
gtafan
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by gtafan »

stahta01 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:54 am I think you do not want "good" and "simple".

Tim S.
RAD tool no meter how easy, without IDE and compiler is of no use for me. So to be more precise, I need IDE with compiler and included RAD tool.
You know the best, that my english is really bad, so see no diference between words simple and easy.
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

gtafan wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:57 am
stahta01 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:54 am I think you do not want "good" and "simple".

Tim S.
RAD tool no meter how easy, without IDE and compiler is of no use for me. So to be more precise, I need IDE with compiler and included RAD tool.
You know the best, that my english is really bad, so see no diference between words simple and easy.
https://codelite.org

Need I say more?
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,

Tim S.
RAD tool no meter how easy, without IDE and compiler is of no use for me.
Why?
What is so important in the integration that you absolutely can't live without?

On my machine I have MSVC 2017 installed alone with wxGlade. All there is to do is to create a layout, generate the code, switch to MSVC and add .cpp and .h to the appropriate project. It just coupple of mouse clicks, which takes no longer than 2 minutes (switching and adding files).
Am I missing something here?

Besides MSVC is still best IDWE possible for Windows...
gtafan wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:57 am So to be more precise, I need IDE with compiler and included RAD tool.
Thank you.
gtafan
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by gtafan »

evstevemd wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:58 am

Tim S.
https://codelite.org

Need I say more?
Took a look at that IDE, but looks like the RAD tool is not for free. Also is there a version of this IDE with compiler?
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

Took a look at that IDE, but looks like the RAD tool is not for free.
The RAD, wxCrafter, was originally nagware; but it is now FOSS and comes with the IDE, CodeLite.
Also is there a version of this IDE with compiler?
No; it detects which compilers are already installed on your system, and lets you choose which to use.
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

gtafan wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:55 pm Took a look at that IDE, but looks like the RAD tool is not for free. Also is there a version of this IDE with compiler?
Used to be proprietary but now comes bundled with the IDE. Which OS do you want to use with? MacOS have Clang installed with XCode tools. Linux comes with GCC. It's a time since I used Windows, but the good thing is you can install any compiler and CodeLite will autodetect it.

Last time I used it on Windows, it came with Compiler. But if not check out MinGW installer and let CL autodetect it
Here is the download link: http://mingw-w64.org/doku.php/download
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

Didn't saw that David have answered it already.
Take Dave's answer as definitive
gtafan
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by gtafan »

DavidHart wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:50 pm The RAD, wxCrafter, was originally nagware; but it is now FOSS and comes with the IDE, CodeLite.
Some of the terms, like nagware and FOSS sounds like alien language for me, so could you please explain?
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

gtafan wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:46 am
DavidHart wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:50 pm The RAD, wxCrafter, was originally nagware; but it is now FOSS and comes with the IDE, CodeLite.
Some of the terms, like nagware and FOSS sounds like alien language for me, so could you please explain?
Simple google would have done that ;)
Nagware (also known as begware, annoyware or a nagscreen) is a pejorative term for shareware that persistently reminds the user to purchase a license. It usually does this by popping up a message when the user starts the program, or intermittently while the user is using the application.
FOSS - Free and Open Source Software
gtafan
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by gtafan »

evstevemd wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:46 pm
gtafan wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:46 am
Simple google would have done that ;)
Nagware (also known as begware, annoyware or a nagscreen) is a pejorative term for shareware that persistently reminds the user to purchase a license. It usually does this by popping up a message when the user starts the program, or intermittently while the user is using the application.
FOSS - Free and Open Source Software
For nagware google gives a really silly translation and FOSS it has no idea.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

Every time you saved a project, wxCrafter used to ask if you would like to buy a licence. 'Repeatedly asking' == 'nagging'.
Now it doesn't do that; it is Free OpenSource Software, just like CodeLite itself.
gtafan
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by gtafan »

DavidHart wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:04 pm Every time you saved a project, wxCrafter used to ask if you would like to buy a licence. 'Repeatedly asking' == 'nagging'.
Now it doesn't do that; it is Free OpenSource Software, just like CodeLite itself.
Thanks for explanation.