How to have all RadioTools in a group deselected?

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
wonkey_monkey
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

How to have all RadioTools in a group deselected?

Post by wonkey_monkey »

I've got a Toolbar with a group of RadioTools. When the program first opens, I want them all to be disabled, but the first one always uses the non-disabled bitmap, because (it seems) one of the RadioTools in the group must be selected at all times, even if they are all disabled.

Is there a way to add an extra invisible RadioTool, which I can toggle on when I want all the visible tools to look disabled and inactive?

Or will I have to make them all regular tools, and handle the radio toggling myself?

Or is there another solution?
doublemax

Re: How to have all RadioTools in a group deselected?

Post by doublemax »

Or will I have to make them all regular tools, and handle the radio toggling myself?
That's what i'd do.
Use the source, Luke!
wonkey_monkey
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Re: How to have all RadioTools in a group deselected?

Post by wonkey_monkey »

I went with something else in the end. If I'm disabling all the tools, I toggle the first one on and set its active bitmap to be the disabled bitmap. Then when I re-enable, I reset the active bitmap. This makes all the tools look and act disabled. Seemed like less trouble than re-inventing radio tools from scratch.