New to wxSmith Few Questions.

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
DanielA
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

New to wxSmith Few Questions.

Post by DanielA »

Hi I downloaded Codeblocks 17.12 and wxSmith 3.0
I started to learn C++ and I have a project to build a GUI and I watched and read a few tutorials/articles but few things...where exactly do I enter source code from other classmates that they have written. When I click on the editor and the sizers it’ll open the assembled code. I already changed the background added text boxes. Although now my idea is to have a calculator which has the code respond to the buttons of all the different functions.

Thank you for the help..
doublemax

Re: New to wxSmith Few Questions.

Post by doublemax »

I don't know if that's what you mean, but in the source files are special comments that wrap the auto-generated code.

Code: Select all

test66Frame::~test66Frame()
{
    //(*Destroy(test66Frame)
    //*)
}
Everything you add outside these comments will be saved when the file is generated again.
Use the source, Luke!
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: New to wxSmith Few Questions.

Post by evstevemd »

DanielA wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:21 pmwhere exactly do I enter source code from other classmates that they have written.
Sounds like you need to learn C::B first. As with any IDE, you will need to include those files as part of the project
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?