Fedora repository: is there a package for samples

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Fedora repository: is there a package for samples

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
I'm working with the RHEL6 and I'd like to know if there is a package I can install with all wx samples source code?
Or I will have to download them from the web site?

Thank you.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fedora repository: is there a package for samples

Post by DavidHart »

Hi,

For debian and similar there is a 'samples' package. That's not the case for the rpm-using distros; at least not the ones mentioned here.

Assuming you already have wx installed, normally the easiest solution is to download and extract the wx source tarball and configure it (but don't compile); then each sample's makefile would build against the installed wx libs. However I just tested that against the above wx3.1.1 and it failed because of a missing regex library. I don't know why that happens...

However a simple 'g++ *.cpp $(wx-config --cxxflags --libs) -o minimal' worked OK.

Regards,

David
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

However I just tested that against the above wx3.1.1 and it failed because of a missing regex library. I don't know why that happens...
Update: I still don't know why the makefile thought wxregex was a dynamic lib (it's static), but after doing:
./configure --with-regex=no
both 'minimal' and 'widgets' makefiles built and ran OK.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Thx David.
I will do just that.

The problem I'm seeing is that on wx-3.0.2 packaged for RHEL the call to wxTextCtrl.ChangeValue() sends an event, but it shouldn't and threfore crashes for SO.
I just wanted to try an official samples before going out and file a bug with RHEL.