wxDataViewListCtrl: Weird column sizing issues

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
RedStreak
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxDataViewListCtrl: Weird column sizing issues

Post by RedStreak »

Hey devs,

Currently experiencing some weird behavior with wxDataViewListCtrl on Windows. Here's the situation: I have a wxDVLCTRL with two columns: one check and one text column. Previously, I used the wxCOL_WIDTH_DEFAULT size option and everything worked great on the machines I tested this control on.

Recently, I decided to use the wxCOL_WIDTH_AUTOSIZE size option and got less than expected behavior. On smaller screens, the control rendered just fine but on higher resolution screens, it seems the auto size didn't work.

Here's a screen grab of what that looks like on the test machines ( 1366x768 and 1920x1080 resolutions)

As you can tell from the image, it seems the check column got squeezed :P . Wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to solve this?

Some info:

wxVersion : 3.1.0
Compiler: Visual Studio 2017
Windows: 10

Also, the application is built with the "High DPI Aware" option in it's manifest.
doublemax

Re: wxDataViewListCtrl: Weird column sizing issues

Post by doublemax »

Can you reproduce it with a small modification to the "dataview" sample?
Use the source, Luke!
RedStreak
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: wxDataViewListCtrl: Weird column sizing issues

Post by RedStreak »

doublemax wrote:Can you reproduce it with a small modification to the "dataview" sample?
Let me try and do that, will post back with feedback.