Patience about Install, Question First.

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
Joshua
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Patience about Install, Question First.

Post by Joshua »

Hello everyone, I am choosing GUI as a pursuit. I am very pleased to be getting to work with this library.

My strategy is to complete the nine steps as shown here : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/379 ... tudio-2015

Does that look promising enough, and what is meant by :
If you can build the 32-bit libraries (which are default in the provided solutions) all you will need is to convert them to be 64-bit and rebuild.

Maybe "can build" should be "can't build?" I have windows 10 - 64 bit and am I using Visual Studio 2015. I'm wondering how one would convert them too ?!?!!?

I am making progress and my GUI interests are very rewarding. Lately, I have been studying Windows programming: scrollbars, multiple windows, and child windows. I like the idea of this library to show everyone's native style and that it is a library. I also want to look at some relevant samples!

Have a nice day,

Joshua
doublemax

Re: Patience about Install, Question First.

Post by doublemax »

You don't need to convert anything. The project files already contain 64bit configurations, you just switch to the configuration you need before building.

It's also not necessary to use a batch build and build all configurations (there are 8 combinations in total). Just build the ones you really need. Debug and release for (Static or DLL) (32 or 64bit).
vs2013_config.gif
vs2013_config.gif (5.19 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
And if you build the "minimal" sample, make sure to select one of the configurations you've built the libraries for.
Use the source, Luke!