ld.exe cannot find -lwxmsw31ud

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
walker
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

ld.exe cannot find -lwxmsw31ud

Post by walker »

Hi All
I have read the post here but cannot solve my problem: viewtopic.php?t=40740
I downloaded wxWidgets source using svn in to c:\wxWidgets. I use MingW/msys build them so I have those libs in directory
C:\wxWidgets\lib\gcc_dll
libwxmswu.a
libwxmswd.a
libwxmswud.a
the global variable wx:
Base=C:\wxWidgets
include and lib fields are empty. ( I also tried include=C:\wxWidgets\include and lib=C:\wxWidgets\lib )
I created a simple wxWisgets project. The build options for search directories are:
compiler: $(#wx)\include
linker : $(#wx)\lib
Resource compiler: $(#wx)\include
I got build error ld.exe cannot find -lwxmsw31ud

I also tried to add lib settings to have this "C:\wxWidgets\lib\gcc_dll\libwxmsw31ud.a"
I still got the same error. The lib is in that directory.
walker
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: ld.exe cannot find -lwxmsw31ud

Post by walker »

I did not use dll based so it looks at gcc_lib instead of gcc_dll. So now it can compile. The last warning message is
w4Main.cpp 62 warning: 'wxFont::wxFont(int, int, int, int, bool, const wxString&, wxFontEncoding)' is deprecated: use wxFONT{FAMILY,STYLE,WEIGHT}_XXX constants ie: wxFONTFAMILY_SWISS, wxFONTSTYLE_NORMAL, wxFONTWEIGHT_BOLD
[-Wdeprecated-declarations]

I know this is not important but what is this?
walker
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: ld.exe cannot find -lwxmsw31ud

Post by walker »

OK

I replace it with
wxFont mywxFont(20, wxFONTFAMILY_SWISS, wxFONTSTYLE_NORMAL, wxFONTWEIGHT_NORMAL, false, wxT("Arial"), wxFONTENCODING_DEFAULT);

Warning is gone.