file upload option using wxPython Topic is solved

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
pikkip
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

file upload option using wxPython

Post by pikkip »

I need to implement file upload option in wxPython. Can anyone tell me how to do it??? :(
doublemax

Re: file upload option using wxPython

Post by doublemax »

Upload to where? To an ftp server would be easy using wxFTP. A HTTP upload should be possible using wxHTTP and wxHTTP::SetPostBuffer or wxHTTP::SetPostText, but you'd have to build the http buffer your self and of course you need a CGI script on the receiving side.
Use the source, Luke!
pikkip
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by pikkip »

I have to compare two files to find the difference in their content in Python. I created a frame using wxpython. It has an option to choose number of files to be compared. After that the option of adding those files to it is what I meant. I have attached a sample image for clarity.
Attachments
this option is what I meant
this option is what I meant
sample.png (7.33 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

There is no dedicated control for a file list like that. You could use two wxFilePickerCtrl's.

In the latest wxWidgets version you could also use wxAddRemoveCtrl, but i'm not sure if this is already available in wxPython.

Otherwise just use any list control, e.g. a wxListBox and a button to add more files.
Use the source, Luke!