no triage of bug-reports

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
MoonKid
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

no triage of bug-reports

Post by MoonKid »

I want to aks if there is a triage system (a person in charge?) for the bug-tracker?

I have some reports open for years without any reaction. I don't talk about fixing a bug or something like that. Just a reaction - a triage.
doublemax

Re: no triage of bug-reports

Post by doublemax »

I want to aks if there is a triage system (a person in charge?) for the bug-tracker?
Not really. In general it's Vadim, but he doesn't have much time these days, so bugs are handled more likely if they sound serious.
I have some reports open for years without any reaction. I don't talk about fixing a bug or something like that. Just a reaction - a triage.
Just a reaction like "i've seen it" would be pretty pointless. Usually you get a reaction if someone feels responsible, has questions for clarification or something like that.

The way you present the bug is important, too. You should try to minimize the effort for anyone who might be willing to look into your bug report. If it takes more than 3 minutes to try and reproduce the issue, the chances are already significantly lower.

E.g. regarding the bug report about "border problem in a treebook" you just triggered: The link to the forum doesn't exist any more and to me the description sounds like it's only a cosmetic problem in the sample.
Use the source, Luke!
endlessrun
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by endlessrun »

I really don't want to hassle the developers, but is there any way to set priorities to major bugs which currently stop me completely from my development?
And unfortunately I can't downgrade from wxWidgets 3.1.1 (most updated GIT version) to 3.0.2. I'm normally patient but this is really a problem for me :/.
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

The priority can be set, but this is up to the developers. Otherwise pretty much everyone would set "his" bug to critical - and most of them aren't.

If it's urgent, it's often best to try to fix it yourself - it's an open-source project after all.
Use the source, Luke!
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

And unfortunately I can't downgrade from wxWidgets 3.1.1 (most updated GIT version) to 3.0.2. I'm normally patient but this is really a problem for me :/.
If this is about the thread event problem, i modified the sample with a quick-and-dirty fix. Check the other thread.
Use the source, Luke!