Insert/delete wxDataViewColumn after performing reorder column in wxDataViewCtrl

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Anil8753
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Insert/delete wxDataViewColumn after performing reorder column in wxDataViewCtrl

Post by Anil8753 »

I did columns reordering in wxDataViewCtrl. I inserted a new column using InsertColumn() API.

I got the following assert failure:

Code: Select all

---------------------------
wxWidgets Debug Alert
..\..\src\msw\headerctrl.cpp(442): assert "order >= 0 && order <= GetShownColumnsCount()" failed in wxHeaderCtrl::MSWToNativeOrder(): logic error

Call stack:
[00] wxHeaderCtrl::DoInsertItem                 f:\cwscode\tools\source\wxwidgets-3.0\src\msw\headerctrl.cpp:347
[01] wxHeaderCtrl::DoSetCount                   f:\cwscode\tools\source\wxwidgets-3.0\src\msw\headerctrl.cpp:218
[02] wxHeaderCtrlBase::SetColumnCount           f:\cwscode\tools\source\wxwidgets-3.0\src\common\headerctrlcmn.cpp:108
[03] wxDataViewCtrl::OnColumnsCountChanged      f:\cwscode\tools\source\wxwidgets-3.0\src\generic\datavgen.cpp:4766
[04] wxDataViewCtrl::InsertColumn               f:\cwscode\tools\source\wxwidgets-3.0\src\generic\datavgen.cpp:4750

Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.
Yes   No   Cancel   

The same is true with DeleteColumn() API too, not working after reordering column.

What is this logic error and most important my all reordering changes back to original column orders. I want to allow the user to perform reorder/add/delete columns, but after reordering add/delete not working at all.

I feel this is a bug with wxDVC, same I can reproduce in wxWidgets dataview sample as well