QDGetPictureBounds undefined when compiling wxMac 2.8.10 on OS X Yosemite

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
lollisoft
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

QDGetPictureBounds undefined when compiling wxMac 2.8.10 on OS X Yosemite

Post by lollisoft »

Hi,

I have upgraded my Mac OS X Snowleopard machine to Yosemite. Now I get an error like this:

./include/wx/mac/carbon/private.h:1373:16: error: use of undeclared identifier
'QDGetPictureBounds'; did you mean 'wxMacGetPictureBounds'?
return QDGetPictureBounds( pict , rect );
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wxMacGetPictureBounds

Do I have to update to the latest wxWidgets version? I like to still be compatible back to 2.8.10.

My configuration is this:

./configure CFLAGS="-arch i386" CXXFLAGS="-arch i386" CPPFLAGS="-arch i386" LDFLAGS="-arch i386" OBJCFLAGS="-arch i386" OBJCXXFLAGS="-arch i386" --enable-monolithic=yes --prefix=/usr --enable-debug=no --enable-dataviewctrl=yes

What options do I have?

Also I like to add backward compatibility to at least OS X Snow Leopard. What must I add to the configuration?

Thanks, Lothar
OS: Windows 7, Mac OS X (Panther/Leopard/Snow Leopard), SuSE Linux, Debian (PPC), OpenMoko FreeRunner
Compiler: OpenWatcom, GCC
wxWidgets 2.8.x
IDE Makefile based.
RAD My own brewed, Code generation with XSLT and DialogBlocks
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: QDGetPictureBounds undefined when compiling wxMac 2.8.10 on OS X Yosemite

Post by tierra »

2.8 never supported OSX 10.10 (I'm not even sure it officially supported 10.9 either for that matter), so you're likely out of luck there. However, it should also be possible to build wxWidgets 2.8 with older OSX SDKs that should be compatible with 10.10 (see --with-macosx-sdk and the --with-macosx-version-min build options).

You really should upgrade to wxWidgets 3.0 though. I am pretty sure that 3.0 works fine with 10.6, so you should be good with that.
lollisoft
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by lollisoft »

Hi,

I tried to update to wx 3.0 but at the time I compiled and installed the library to the box, I got trouble with some libraries that the Gate Keeper
system seemed to block these due to unsigned or invalid signed libraries condition. It even failed a boot afterwards. I am not sure what caused the problems, but I had to completely reinstall my mac :-)

Something got overridden :-( I don't think the wx Widgets libraries are caused this problem. I assume a Sqlite library was the cause and I have to check that explicitely :-)

Now I start with a developer box using Snow Leopard in it's last update state using wx 2.8 and a test installation on my external hdd with Yosemite.
This Yosemite is used to test my built against it to see it working.

Also I start in parallel a port to wx 3.0 without breaking my current 2.8 based code release.

Thanks for your help.

Lothar
OS: Windows 7, Mac OS X (Panther/Leopard/Snow Leopard), SuSE Linux, Debian (PPC), OpenMoko FreeRunner
wxWidgets 2.8.x
IDE Makefile based.
captwiggum
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by captwiggum »

Hi Lothar. Have you had any luck?

I am also trying to build wcMac-2.8.12 on Yosemite 10.10.3 using latest Xcode.

I have also tried giving configure this:
--with-macosx-sdk=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk

But still same error:

/Users/jmasinter/src/wxMac-2.8.12/build-carbon-2/bk-deps g++ -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -c -o baselib_dynlib.o -I./.pch/wxprec_baselib -D__WXMAC__ -DWXBUILDING -I../src/tiff -I../src/jpeg -I../src/png -I../src/regex -DwxUSE_GUI=0 -DwxUSE_BASE=1 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -I/Users/jmasinter/src/wxMac-2.8.12/build-carbon-2/lib/wx/include/mac-unicode-release-static-2.8 -I../include -fpascal-strings -I../src/mac/carbon/morefilex -I/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon -arch i386 -DWX_PRECOMP -Wall -Wundef -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -arch i386 -fno-common ../src/common/dynlib.cpp
In file included from ../src/common/dynlib.cpp:48:
In file included from ../include/wx/mac/private.h:4:
../include/wx/mac/carbon/private.h:1459:9: error: unknown type name 'Cursor'; did you mean 'NSCursor'?
typedef Cursor ClassicCursor;
^~~~~~
NSCursor
../include/wx/defs.h:2508:28: note: 'NSCursor' declared here
DECLARE_WXCOCOA_OBJC_CLASS(NSCursor);
^
../include/wx/defs.h:2486:16: note: expanded from macro 'DECLARE_WXCOCOA_OBJC_CLASS'
typedef struct klass *WX_##klass
^
1 error generated.
make: *** [baselib_dynlib.o] Error 1
lollisoft
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by lollisoft »

No, I reverted back to Snow Leopard. There was a problem with overridden files that made the system completely unusable. Had to make backups using a usb drive installation. Now the Yosemite is only a test system to check, if my Snow Leopard release will run on Yosemite.

Lothar
wxWidgets 2.8.x
IDE Makefile based.