wxFreeChart built using VS2013 - migration issue

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
jaxsin
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxFreeChart built using VS2013 - migration issue

Post by jaxsin »

I am trying to build and use a charting library in wxWidgets for a project I am working on. I downloaded FreeChart 1.6 and opened up the WXFREECHART solution in vs2013 and it was migrated. There where some warnings but I managed to get the static unicode monolithic Static lib built.

First off I really have no idea what I am doing other then trying to build this so i can use it in my project. I am not even aware I am building the right library. Could use some advice on this and how to get it into my project.

Secondly, this is the error I get after a successful build of the static debug monolithic static configuration

Code: Select all

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(1361,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(E:\freechart\build\..\lib\vc_lib\WXFREECHART.lib) does not match the Library's OutputFile property value (E:\freechart\lib\vc_lib\wxcode_msw28ud_freechart.lib). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Lib.OutputFile).
I know what this is telling me, as I am aware that the name of the .lib created is not WXFREECHART.lib and instead wxcode_msw28ud_freechart.lib, what I do not understand is how is the correct way of fixing this issue so that it works as intended in vs2013. My first inclination is to goto the solution properties window in vs2013, select the correct configuration and under Configuration Properties > General change the Target Name box from $(ProjectName) to wxcode_msw28ud_freechart but I am not sure if hard coding is the correct option, do I need to hardcode and change targetname for all configurations?

My other issue is how can I use this dll or lib in my project, in fact which one should I be building. This whole idea of external linking is doing my head in, a voice of expertise is greatly appreciated

EDIT: According to this link, just copy in the name you want for Target Name and call it good.
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum ... prerelease
jaxsin
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Re: wxFreeChart built using VS2013 - migration issue

Post by jaxsin »

ok, so moving forward, I managed to build the library, but now when I try and build the demo app I get this error

Code: Select all

Error	1	error LNK1104: cannot open file 'wxmsw28ud.lib'	E:\freechart\build\LINK	wxFreeChartDemo
Probably because I am using wxWidgets 3.0. So I tried changing the 28 to 30 and still no luck. So I look in my wxWidgets install directory and under lib/vc_dll/ and lib/vc_lib there is no wxmsw30ud.lib file anywhere.

I am pretty sure that I built wxWidgets 4 different ways, static/DLL monolithic release and debug. How do I know exactly? is wxmsw30ud_core.lib the file I am looking for? Has something changed?