Road Maker 5

If you have a cool piece of software to share, but you are not hosting it officially yet, please dump it in here. If you have code snippets that are useful, please donate!
beneficii
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Road Maker 5

Post by beneficii »

This creates a cross-section/pattern of road and puts it in SVG format, which you can then do things like Generate Pattern from Path in Inkscape to create results like the below:

Compiled with wxWidgets 3.0.1.

If anyone wants a guide on how to use it, just ask.

Also, for the output, copy the contents (except the document node, the one that starts with the !) to the SVG file open in a word file. You should get everything between <g ...> ... </g> and nothing else.
Attachments
roadmaker5.zip
Source. Edited with the latest wxFormBuilder (v. 3.5.0-beta). Requires XML library to link.
(18.41 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
beneficii
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: Road Maker 5

Post by beneficii »

TODO: Making the periodicity, width, and length options be >= 0.

Just make sure not to use negative numbers for periodicity, width (actually, that might be OK), and length.
Manolo
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Post by Manolo »

Hi beneficii
You call your app "roadmaker". Wich is your mind for this app? Ambitious? Something simple or very complex? Where do you think it should be profitable?
beneficii
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by beneficii »

Manolo wrote:Hi beneficii
You call your app "roadmaker". Wich is your mind for this app? Ambitious? Something simple or very complex? Where do you think it should be profitable?
Something simple, just to create cross-sections/patterns that can be used in apps like Inkscape. I've always wanted to design my own road systems, but I suck at drawing (both on the computer and on paper), and I wanted to make sure to keep precise things like lane width as I designed the cross-patterns, so I made this program.

It's for my own special interest, basically. (I'm Autistic.)
beneficii
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by beneficii »

I want to be able to create paths that can take the cross-sections easily. Like the below. I want to be able to set up the paths just right, so that when I set up each of the cross-sections, for the main road, when the road exists, the cloverleaf, everything. Here is an example interchange I wanted to work on:

But this task is proving more daunting than I had thought, because I am so clumsy with drawing the paths, and of course the paths will need to be the correct distance from each other, so that when, say, the cloverleaf connects with the freeway, it doesn't look all jacked up.