wxEvtHandler personalized Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
stefania
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

wxEvtHandler personalized

Post by stefania »

Hi!
In my project I need to use an Event Handlar personalized for some TextCtrl, and I use this code:

MyEvtHandlerOnTime *evt = new MyEvtHandlerOnTime( l_new->u.c_ptrtext, &l_new->c_wxvalue);
l_new->u.c_ptrtext->PushEventHandler( evt);

When I close the dialog, How can I pop all Event Handler in one time?

Thanks.
Stefania
catalin

Re: wxEvtHandler personalized

Post by catalin »

It's not very clear what your aim is; try to catch wxCloseEvent for the dialog. See wxDialog docs.
eranon
Can't get richer than this

Post by eranon »

Maybe you could be interested by http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Custom_Events_Tutorial ; but maybe the existing events suffice for what you want to achieve... Difficult to say from your post...
[Ind. dev. - wxWidgets 3.0/3.1 under "Win 7 64-bit, TDM64-GCC" + "OS X 10.9, LLVM Clang"]
stefania
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by stefania »

Hi!
This is my class fro wxEvtHandler:
class MyEvtHandlerOnTime : public wxEvtHandler
{
public:
MyEvtHandlerOnTime( wxTextCtrl *text, wxString *val) { c_text = text; c_val = val;}

void OnKeyDown (wxKeyEvent& event) {
return;
}
private:
wxTextCtrl *c_text;
wxString *c_val;

DECLARE_EVENT_TABLE();
};
BEGIN_EVENT_TABLE(MyEvtHandlerOnTime, wxEvtHandler)
EVT_KEY_DOWN( MyEvtHandlerOnTime::OnKeyDown)
END_EVENT_TABLE()

In my code I wrote:
m_text = new wxTextCtrl( itemPanel153, ID_Mac_dalle4_6, wxEmptyString, wxDefaultPosition, wxSize(60, -1), 0 );
MyEvtHandlerOnTime *evt = new MyEvtHandlerOnTime(m_text, c_wxvalue);
m_text->PushEventHandler( evt);
When I close dialog I wrote:
m_text->PopEventHandler(true);

but when I close dialog I have wxWidget Debug Alert:
..\..\src\common\wincmn.cpp(468): assert "GetEventHandler() == this" failed in wxWindowsBase::~wxWindowsBase(): any pushed event handler have been removed

What is the problem?
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

Code: Select all

..\..\src\common\wincmn.cpp(468): assert "GetEventHandler() == this" failed in wxWindowsBase::~wxWindowsBase(): any pushed event handler have been removed
The assert message means that the event handler has not yet been removed when the window gets destroyed. Where do you call m_text->PopEventHandler(true) and do you do it for every control that has a custom event handler?

And what exactly are you doing with the custom event handler? I've never used Push/PopEventHandler and i suspect there is an easier way to achieve what you need.
Use the source, Luke!
stefania
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by stefania »

I call PopEvtHandler before EndModal(wxID_CANCEL) and I am sure do it for each textCtrl.

With wxWindget 2.8.10 this message does not compare.

I use Pop/Push Event for TextCtrl that I use for time input, I need to format input with hh:mm
The timePickerCtrl does not work fine in my project because I need to have some value not valorized.

Thanks
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

I call PopEvtHandler before EndModal(wxID_CANCEL) and I am sure do it for each textCtrl.
Is this the only path to close the dialog? What happens in the user clicks OK or the close button of the Dialog? Try moving it to the destructor.
Use the source, Luke!
eranon

Post by eranon »

I see in the doc (never used) that the wxTimePickerCtrl allows to pass a validator to its constructor. So, why don't you create your own validator to validate the value(s) the way you want ?
[Ind. dev. - wxWidgets 3.0/3.1 under "Win 7 64-bit, TDM64-GCC" + "OS X 10.9, LLVM Clang"]