7.4 won't load

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
Tony0945
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

7.4 won't load

Post by Tony0945 »

After update on May 5,2012, wx-Dev won't load. It just displays a seemingly endless stream of error boxes that say "strlen=539780198", another pops up as each is closed. The status bar reads "loading code completion cache". No project is open, this bug occurs before there is a chance to open aa project.
The numerical value seems to have no significance except it is the ASCII code for the string " ,df"

Bug filed. An earlier version of 7.4 (7.4.2?) worked and was used to update.
tbreina

Re: 7.4 won't load

Post by tbreina »

I just posted devpak 7.4.2.558. I tried re-installing an older version and updating from the website. Everything worked ok for me.

I wonder if you might be trying to do a webupdate when wxDev-C++ is running ?? To update the wxDev-C++ and wxdsgn devpaks, you need to do so outside of the IDE. So close the IDE and run c:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\updater.exe Otherwise, it might not correctly overwrite the devcpp.exe file.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
Tony0945
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by Tony0945 »

The webupdater couldn't connect. I tried the old web based install which uninstalled the existing installation and then couldn't connect. Then I ran an old 7.4.2RC1 complete install which worked. To my surprise, after launching the about box said version 7.4.2.558! Magic! Ran the webupdater again after closing wxDev and it connected. Magic!
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

Tony0945 wrote:The webupdater couldn't connect. I tried the old web based install which uninstalled the existing installation and then couldn't connect. Then I ran an old 7.4.2RC1 complete install which worked. To my surprise, after launching the about box said version 7.4.2.558! Magic! Ran the webupdater again after closing wxDev and it connected. Magic!

Yes, I've had the problem with the webupdater not connecting over the last day or so. My guess is that I was checking just after I had uploaded the new devpaks and it took time for the mirrors to update with the new files. Hopefully, at this point there shouldn't be any problem.

I've also updated the 7.4.2 full installer with the 7.4.2.558. It'll probably be the last version for the foreseeable future since my work has picked up and will continue to expand over the next year.

-Tony
Tony0945
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by Tony0945 »

Thanks as always, Tony. I just checked the file date on my full installer and it is 2/3/2012. So the full installer still pulls files off the web?
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

Tony0945 wrote:Thanks as always, Tony. I just checked the file date on my full installer and it is 2/3/2012. So the full installer still pulls files off the web?
No, I designed the full installer to include all of the necessary devpaks. However, it will ask you if you want to check the website to see if newer devpaks are available than the ones it has. So you don't need an internet connection to install the full installer distro, but if you do, it will try to update to the latest version. Of course, hopefully I'll be able to keep the full installer files up to date.

-Tony