Thin gray border in fullscreen mode Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
TriKri
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Thin gray border in fullscreen mode

Post by TriKri »

I'm running Windows 7, and I'm having a problem with a thin light gray border around my frame when I put it up in fullscreen mode. I call

Code: Select all

ShowFullScreen(true, wxFULLSCREEN_ALL);
but there is still a border around the window, maybe 1 or 2 pixels thick (I don't know, I can't get it to stick on a printscreen). Since the border is light gray (like the frame itself) and I use a canvas that I paint black and that covers the rest of the frame, the border is quite disturbing. I would also like to be able to use those pixels that the frame takes up for drawing. Why do I get the frame and how can I get rid of it?

Edit: Apparently I could get the frame to stick on a printscreen, I must have just not seen it at first.
Last edited by TriKri on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doublemax

Re: Thin gray border in fullscreen mode

Post by doublemax »

Is it possible that the border does not come from the outer frame, but from an inner panel? Try setting wxBORDER_NONE for the panel then.
Use the source, Luke!
TriKri
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Re: Thin gray border in fullscreen mode

Post by TriKri »

Thanks, that solved my problem. I just realized that the code that calls the wxGLCanvas constructor (that I had copied, I think from the penguin example) used wxSUNKEN_BORDER. Why would anyone want to use that? :P Well, maybe there are cases when you want to use that.