Windows 7 64bit libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll missing error

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
vdiguy
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Windows 7 64bit libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll missing error

Post by vdiguy »

Hi,

I am trying to use wxWidgets with Perl on Windows 7 64 bit. After installing wxPerl and the latest widget library, I tried to run a simple program and immediately got an error:

perl.exe System Error
The program can't start because libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll is missing from your
computer. Try re installing the program to fix this problem.

I found a version of libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll in response to a web query. I downloaded and placed this file into my windows\system32 folder but got a different error about the file not being compiled for windows. I guess it's an older dll which Windows 7 doesn't like?

Either way, does anyone know how to get around this problem?

Thanks in advance!
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Windows 7 64bit libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll missing error

Post by evstevemd »

vdiguy wrote:Hi,

I am trying to use wxWidgets with Perl on Windows 7 64 bit. After installing wxPerl and the latest widget library, I tried to run a simple program and immediately got an error:

perl.exe System Error
The program can't start because libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll is missing from your
computer. Try re installing the program to fix this problem.

I found a version of libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll in response to a web query. I downloaded and placed this file into my windows\system32 folder but got a different error about the file not being compiled for windows. I guess it's an older dll which Windows 7 doesn't like?

Either way, does anyone know how to get around this problem?

Thanks in advance!
it seems you are using Mingw (non standard distribution). Search the Mingw directory for the file
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?
vdiguy
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by vdiguy »

evstevemd wrote: it seems you are using Mingw (non standard distribution). Search the Mingw directory for the file
Thanks. I actually don't have Mingw installed. Is this required for wxWidgets to work? How do I conveniently redistribute code built using wxWidgets to end users without requiring a Mingw install on the user end?
ouch67
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by ouch67 »

A quick search reveals that pearl actually is compiled with gcc/mingw. It's pearls requirement for the extra dll, not wxWidgets.

I imagine there is an compiler option or something to make it static so you don't need extra files. I don't use pearl though so you might want to try a different forum on how to set up your project to do that.