How to install?

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
tortolini
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

How to install?

Post by tortolini »

Hey guys,
first im gonna tell you: my english is not the best because im from germany. i know there are many topics with this question, but i didnt found anyone that i understand (i hope you understood this sentence :D).

OK, now to my problem: i want to install wxwidgets to use it in C++. i downloaded and installed wxWidgets-2.8.11 but what now? When i start C++ and use the commands, there were errors that the commands were not found.
example: i include wx/wx.h:
#include <wx/wx.h>
-> there is an error that the file "source" cant open: "wx/wx.h".

i hope anyone can help me :(
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

Please at least say which OS and which compiler you are using.
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows
tortolini
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by tortolini »

i have vista and i use c++. what is a compiler? until now i started c++ programs in c++ at the "compiler botton" óÒ?!
i dont have as much experience :/.

i hope you can help me :/
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

tortolini wrote:i have vista and i use c++. what is a compiler? until now i started c++ programs in c++ at the "compiler botton" óÒ?!
i dont have as much experience :/.

i hope you can help me :/

Okay, we're starting from very far :P
I honestly recommend that you read a bit more theory, if you wish to be a C++ programmer, you really really really need to know at least what a compiler is, so that you know which one you're using...

Then when you know which compiler you're using you can check http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Guides_%26_Tutorials for instructors relevant to your compiler
-- Windows
tortolini
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by tortolini »

OK :)
i googled "compiler" and i knew it before what it does (the compiler translate the source in a programm)... so the compiler is in c++ at the button, too, right? (it translates the source code in an application). i dont understand it :?: >.< :?:

do you couldnt tell me what i need to do? >.<
why is everything so complicated? :D

and did i need a compiler? óÒ
tortolini
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by tortolini »

ooohhhhhh, :D i think i knoooowww xD....
microsoft visual c++ 2010 express is a compiler, right? i have it :>

can you do teamviewer at my pc? :/
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Microsoft_Vis ... B%2B_Guide is the article you need to read

(if you think this is too complicated... why don't you try Ruby or Python instead? C++ is not easy so if you wish to do C++ you need to be serious about learning)
-- Windows
tortolini
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by tortolini »

im not a noob as you think :(. i mean with "comlicated" the wxwidgets installation, not c++. why they made it so hard to install? :/
please tell me how i install it :(. i bought a c++ book for 40€, there is shown how to code with wxwidgets, but not a description how to install >.<

i also checked the vids in youtube about wxwidgets but i havent found anything :(.

please help me >.< you can show it to me at teamviewer, too. (if you like)
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

I gave you a link to an article that explains how, step by step. If you have more specific questions do ask, but start by reading the docs
-- Windows