wxdevcpp crash when opening project

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
alancan
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxdevcpp crash when opening project

Post by alancan »

Hi, I have been using wxdev c++ for the past year with minimal issues, but for the past couple of months I have been running into what seems like a random error.

After X amount of days of being installed, where X can equal any number, wxdevc++ will no longer allow me to open any project files. What happens is I go to Open, or Re-open and it looks as though it is loading the source files, the screen flashes a few times and then wxdevc++ just dies. No error report, nothing at all.

This happens for no matter what .dev file I attempt to open.

I have restarted the program, my computer and tried just about every project that I have with no success. The only way to "fix" this is to uninstall/reinstall.

I am able to create a new project, but I receive an error (which I am attaching to this post), but it does create it and load it into the program. If I try to re-open it does not work.

The last thing I did before this happened last is I was attempting to use the debugger and the program crashed, so this may be a start.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. My system setup should be in the bug report I am attaching.

And this is wxdev c++ Version 7.3.1.3.

I will uninstall/reinstall again as I am on a tight deadline for my project.

Cheers!

Alan
Attachments
bugreport03-16-2011.txt
bug report when creating new project
(23.32 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Sof_T
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Post by Sof_T »

Two things do you delete the config file before re-installing? If so it the IDE shouldn't be remembering anything between installs so it might have corrupted the .dev file. Is this a private project or are you able to share it to see if it loads on other people's installations?
The home of Sof.T http://www.sof-t.site88.net/
Author of Programming with wxDevC++
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxdevcpp-book/
alancan
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by alancan »

I do delete the config file before re-installing.

This is unfortunately a private project, and yes, it does have many bugs, so I'm not sure if this is something that my project is causing or not.

The project is currently in the area of 8000-9000 lines and 47 source files, but I assume the IDE wouldn't have an issue with a project that size.

I suppose I could do a test on a different system, working on a different project, to see if I can reproduce this with different conditions.

BTW, I have reinstalled and did the same step that I did right before it crashed, and it is still currently running strong.

I tend to keep the IDE open for days at a time as I am continuing on a project, not sure if that will affect anything either.

Thank you for your response, and suggestions.