XRC defined GUI elements have text that is too big Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Rensy
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

XRC defined GUI elements have text that is too big

Post by Rensy »

I've been using wxFormBuilder for years now. Everything works great however when I moved to 2.9.1 I've noticed that all my GUI text elements have a different font than shown in wxformbuilder preview editor. Everything is giant when it's finally renedered in my app instead of the editor. The XRC file seems to be the same so I think 2.9.1 is messing up the fonts and changing them to larger ones. Anyone seeing this behavior?
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

which OS?
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows
Rensy
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Rensy »

Windows 7 x64
RainRat
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by RainRat »

I believe some/many GUI elements will use a font given by the system. i.e. the font that's selected by the OS screen/display properties. See wxSystemSettings. I've tried to make my controls' sizes (when not using default sizes) take this into account, so they display reasonably well for larger system fonts.

Not sure if this is your problem or if 2.9.1 changed how default fonts are selected.
okurtsev
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by okurtsev »

http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/12733 - it is a confirmed bug in 2.9.x. I had to give up using XRC because of it. Seems it is not going to be fixed.
C++, Win XP-32, Win7-64, WinVista-32, MS VS 2005, 2008, 2010
Rensy
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Rensy »

okurtsev wrote:http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/12733 - it is a confirmed bug in 2.9.x. I had to give up using XRC because of it. Seems it is not going to be fixed.
Crap. Thanks for posting. It's good to know it's already been picked up. It seems to have been changed to 2.9.2 milestone. I hope they can fix it. This is a big bug as everything comes out messed up :( I