RS232 communication

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
michalm
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

RS232 communication

Post by michalm »

Hello,

I need simple application listening on com port (linux). Is there any wx built in classes I can use to do this?
timg
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by timg »

michalm
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by michalm »

Yes, I know it, but it seems to be too big and complicated, without any documentation (dead links)... and I was unable to compile it. I'm going to implement communication from scratch using open/write/read from C standard library, but I thought there are some built-in class in wxWidgets that will allow to do this more quickly.
jfouche
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by jfouche »

You can either have a look to boost::asio (look at serial_port)
Jérémie
lukas0815
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by lukas0815 »

michalm wrote:
Yes, I know it, but it seems to be too big and complicated, without any documentation (dead links)... and I was unable to compile it. I'm going to implement communication from scratch using ....
Hello,
after a while I could compile this library. If you get it to work, it does a good job, because it has all you need. With buffer, waiting for chars without blocking and so on. My opinion: Try further to get compile it, write the solution here and invest time in you application, not rewriting a class.

Links to documetation can be found in http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.p ... ight=wxctb

Best regards!