wxMiniFrame hide & seek Topic is solved

Are you writing your own components and need help with how to set them up or have questions about the components you are deriving from ? Ask them here.
leiradella
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

wxMiniFrame hide & seek

Post by leiradella »

Hi All,

I'm trying to add a wxMiniFrame to my application just to be able to look at it and check how it behaves so I can decide if I'll use it to replace some hand-drawn stuff I have.

The problem is it never shows up. I've tried to add it as a child of many different classes, make it have a NULL parent, I've played with the styles but it never shows up.

Any thoughts? Are there any constraints on what classes can be parent for wxMiniFrames?

Thanks,

Andre
leiradella
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by leiradella »

What I'm trying to do is use wxMiniFrame as nodes in a graph as implemented in Mental Mill, you can see what I mean here: http://www.mentalimages.com/products/me ... ideos.html or in the attached image.
Attachments
mm.jpg
leiradella
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by leiradella »

I took a look at the minifram sample that comes with wxWidgets. In that sample, the miniframe is allowed to freely move outside of the frame to which its added as a child.

I tried to use the wxFRAME_FLOAT_ON_PARENT but still it's not clipped to the parent's client area.

Is there an way to restrict a wxMiniFrame to be clipped to its parent's client area?
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

I don't think there is; I wouldn't use frames for this purpose. Check wxArt2D and/or wxShapeFramework, I believe they can manage node-like stuff like on your screenshots
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows
leiradella
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by leiradella »

Thanks Auria.

I've already taken a look at wxArt2D and wxSF. wxArt2D uses CMake which never works for me no matter what, and there are no binaries available.

wxSF doesn't have the concept of ports, places where the connections come from and go to. I tried many different things to implement ports with wxSF but all failed. Connections always come from a node and go to a node, so I can't distinguish which output is connecting to which input.

Is there an way to make wxMiniFrames be clipped in the parent's client area?

Cheers,

Andre