Bug fixes include refresh improvements on Windows, better wxX11 menu support, wxMac fixes for Tiger, and the ability to compile wxMSW with Winelib under Unix.
wxWidgets currently supports the following platforms:
- - Windows 95/98/ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Pocket PC, Smartphone
- Most Unix variants with GTK+ 1 and GTK+ 2
- Most Unix variants with X11 (beta)
- Most Unix variants with Motif/Lesstif
- MacOS 9.x and 10.x using Carbon (10.3 and above preferred)
- MacOS 10.x using Cocoa (beta)
- OS/2 (beta)
- PalmOS (alpha)
- Added wxLaunchDefaultBrowser.
- Added wxPLURAL() macro in addition to _() (Jonas Rydberg)
- Fixed potential infinite loop when adjusting wxScrolledWindow scrollbars.
- Radio in menus do not send menu event for selections of already selected item.
- Fixed wrong positioning of marks and enumerations in lists of wxHTML.
- wxImage::Rotate90 respects alpha channel.
- Added wxEVT_SCROLL_CHANGED as synonym for wxEVT_SCROLL_ENDSCROLL.
- Replaced artwork for some cursors, icons and toolbar buttons.
- Fixed sizing problem in generic wxCalendarCtrl for short day abbreviations.
- Fixed wxWindow::DoGetBestSize to keep original best size.
- PNM now supports ASCII and raw grey formats.
- wxGrid focus and edit key improvements.
- Fixed erroneous selection of content in wxComboBox when within a wxStaticBox
(checking for selection caused by WM_STYLECHANGED).
- Added deferred positioning to wxRadioBox, wxSlider and wxSpinCtrl and thereby
eliminated some refresh glitches when resizing.
- Eliminated further refresh glitches caused by wxRadioBox (to nearby controls)
by refreshing parent when the radio box moves.
- Added ability set the system option "msw.staticbox.optimized-paint" to 0 to
allow a panel to paint graphics around controls within a static box.
- Refresh exposed areas when resizing, using WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED.
- Worked around an apparent bug in deferred window positioning (moving a
window from (x, y) to (a, b) and back to (x, y) misses the last step) by
checking window positions against corresponding sizer state, if any.
- A control's text colour now reflects the system colour setting.
- Fixed wxFileName::GetLongPath() to behave correctly during the first call too.
- Fixed alpha blitting to take into account source position.
- Setting foreground colour for wxCheckBox now works when using XP themes too.
- wxStaticBox label can use custom foreground colour.
- Now uses newer font MS Shell Dlg 2 if possible.
- Compiles again with WIN64.
- Winelib compilation now works.
- When converting a wxIcon to a bitmap check if the icon has an alpha
channel and set the bitmap to use it.
- wxSlider now also sends wxEVT_SCROLL_CHANGED when using mouse wheel
- Miscellaneous wxMediaCtrl improvements.
- wxTopLevelWindow::ShowFullScreen logic error fixed.
- Fixed wxScrollBar background colour bug.
- Fixed problems with paper sizes being ignored.
- wxNotebook refresh problem fixed.
- DDE fixed for Unicode.
- Fixed ownerdrawn multiline buttons.
- wxCheckListBox item background fixed.
- Fixed some wxRegKey bugs.
- Fixed wxFileName::CreateTempFileName.
- Added support for wxSTAY_ON_TOP (GTK 2.4+).
- Fixed wxTextCtrl::SetStyle for overlapping calls.
- Fixed scrollbar border colour.
- Added bitmap support in menus.
- Added support for launching 'APPL' bundles with wxExecute (usually they have a
.app extension and are the ones that reside in the Applications folder).
- Fixed a bug in wxGetKeyState where shift and some other keys were returning an
- Fixed toolbar colour bug on Tiger.
- Fixed visual problems caused by removal of About menu item.
- Window menu now added automatically.
- Configure fixed for wxBase compilation.
- Modified function key support fixed.
- wxTopLevelWindow::Maximize improvements.
- Menu problems fixed.
- wxScrolledWindow scrolls any child windows.
- Fixed a font memory leak.
- Multiple wxTimers now work correctly.