A node system.

Are you writing your own components and need help with how to set them up or have questions about the components you are deriving from ? Ask them here.
newagex
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

A node system.

Post by newagex »

I want to create a system with nodes, for example what Kirix Strata does to set the links between the ddbb tables, or what Blender does for the material, composition system. I would like to make it with wxwidgets & I want that the nodes were contained in the component/window, may be I might use GL & create an interface system. I want to avoid this & not depend on any 3D api. I'm newbie with wxWidgets.

I want to know if it's posible to make something like this with the api.
mc2r
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by mc2r »

yes
newagex
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by newagex »

Well, I looking forward to know what classes I have to use. wxMiniFrame,... doesn't fit my needs. I want some advices to implement it. I'm concern about th idea of containing a frame/dialog/miniframe inside a window and how to draw the connections between the nodes.
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

Take a look at these librairies :

http://www.wxart2d.org/moin
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxsf

both feature node-like stuff in their screenshots section
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows
leiradella
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by leiradella »

I was looking for the exact same thing, and got the exact same pointers: wxArt2D and wxSF.

wxArt2D is much more than you want, and I couldn't even make it compile under Windows due to screwed CMake used to generate build files.

wxSF is great if your only concern is to draw nodes and connect them using edges. But if you, like me, needs to know where one node connects to another node (i.e. nodes have distinct input and output ports) wxSF won't do the job.

I ended up using a Canvas class I wrote which is derived from wxScrolledWindow and drawing the nodes and edges by hand using wxDC operations.

Cheers,

Andre