Another wxSQLite3 Installation Question

In this forum you can discuss database related issues which can be wxWidgets related, but also generic in nature.
doublemax

Re: Another wxSQLite3 Installation Question

Post by doublemax »

I tried it and wxSQLite3 can't be build with GCC 5.1.0.

I tried GCC 8.1.0 from https://mingw-w64.org/doku.php/download/mingw-builds
(The installer asks for several options, leave everything as it is).

I managed to build both wxWidgets 3.1.2 and wxSQLite3 with it.
Use the source, Luke!
utelle

Post by utelle »

Slyde wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:05 am I actually have MinGW 8.2.0. But I had to resort to the MinGW 5.1.0 compiler that came with Code::Blocks to compile wxWidgets.
Why? When installing Code::Blocks you can choose between a setup with and a setup without bundled C++ compiler. You should have used the setup without bundled compiler, and then use your already installed version MinGW 8.2.0. There should be no problem compiling wxWidgets with MinGW 8.2.0. Alternatively, you could use the precompiled wxWidgets version for MinGW 8.1.0 and install additionally the 8.1.0 compiler.
Slyde wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:05 am So switching back now to the 8.2.0 compiler isn't going to break anything?
I doubt that you can easily mix binaries produced by version 5.1.0 with those produced by version 8.2.0.

Regards,

Ulrich
utelle

Post by utelle »

doublemax wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:27 pm I tried it and wxSQLite3 can't be build with GCC 5.1.0.
Unfortunately this is true for wxSQLite3 version 4.0.0 and above. The reason is that the SQLite encryption extension uses a Windows system function for generating random numbers, but the definition of that function is missing from the header files coming with TDM gcc 5.1.
doublemax wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:27 pm I tried GCC 8.1.0 from https://mingw-w64.org/doku.php/download/mingw-builds
(The installer asks for several options, leave everything as it is).

I managed to build both wxWidgets 3.1.2 and wxSQLite3 with it.
Using a recent C++ compiler and a recent wxWidgets version is the best option, for sure.

Regards,

Ulrich
banovsha
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by banovsha »

Hello

Currently I am working on building a wxwidgets app, which has wxListCTRl table of the elements, each time I run the program the old events are lost.

To prevent this I decided to use the wxSQLite3 database, but unfortunately I failed to implement it.

could someone give me step by step guidance on how can I use the wxSQLite3 table in my project

Best regards.
utelle

Post by utelle »

First of all, you should not hijack an old unrelated topic. Your question has nothing to do with installing wxSQLite3, but with using a database in general. In the future please open a new topic.
banovsha wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:59 am Currently I am working on building a wxwidgets app, which has wxListCTRl table of the elements, each time I run the program the old events are lost.

To prevent this I decided to use the wxSQLite3 database, but unfortunately I failed to implement it.

could someone give me step by step guidance on how can I use the wxSQLite3 table in my project
The wxSQLite3 distribution contains a sample application, treeview, which also shows a project list based on a wxListView control. This sample demonstrates how to display a list of data from a database.