Local DB Topic is solved

In this forum you can discuss database related issues which can be wxWidgets related, but also generic in nature.
wxProgrammer
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Local DB

Post by wxProgrammer »

Hello! I'm searching a library for create a local database (simple folder and file). the library must be wx-compatible. If the library don't use mysql or similar but simple functions like "getRow("row", "table", "db") is better for me.
What library can I use? (the data of rows are simple wxString).

i'm Italian so sorry for My English :)

thank you!
utelle

Re: Local DB

Post by utelle »

wxProgrammer wrote:I'm searching a library for create a local database (simple folder and file).
For a local database SQLite is a popular choice. SQLite has a full blown SQL database engine, so you are not restricted in any way.
wxProgrammer wrote:the library must be wx-compatible.
SQLite itself is a pure C library. However, you can use wxSQLite3, providing a thin SQLite wrapper for use in wxWidgets based applications.
wxProgrammer wrote:If the library don't use mysql or similar but simple functions like "getRow("row", "table", "db") is better for me.
wxSQLite3 comes with a small sample application showing how to access a database. It should be fairly easy to use, if you inspect the code of the sample application and look at the wxSQLite3 API documentation.

Regards,

Ulrich
wxProgrammer
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by wxProgrammer »

I have used SQL with PHP, anyhow it will not be difficult to use it :) thank you, I'll use it :)
I'm Italian but we can speak C++ :)
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

wxProgrammer wrote:Hello! I'm searching a library for create a local database (simple folder and file). the library must be wx-compatible. If the library don't use mysql or similar but simple functions like "getRow("row", "table", "db") is better for me.

i'm Italian so sorry for My English :)

thank you!
wxSQlite3 is what you need!
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?