wxSqlite3-3.03 missed wxRegex Topic is solved

In this forum you can discuss database related issues which can be wxWidgets related, but also generic in nature.
samsam598
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

wxSqlite3-3.03 missed wxRegex

Post by samsam598 »

Greetings!

Compiling most recent wxSqlite3-3.03 with most recen SVN wx2.9.5+mingW4.4.5 by making use of the makefile is pretty fine.The lib. has been generated,the minimal example works fine as well.However,when try to include wxSqlite3 in my project,the compiler always complains as below ,but actually I've tried to add wxRegexu.a into the project.

Appreciated the help in advance.

Code: Select all

||=== Build: Release in testwxsql3 (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
C:\person\lovedev\sdk\wx312\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_regex.o):regex.cpp|| undefined reference to `wx_regfree'|
C:\person\lovedev\sdk\wx312\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_regex.o):regex.cpp|| undefined reference to `wx_regfree'|
C:\person\lovedev\sdk\wx312\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_regex.o):regex.cpp|| undefined reference to `wx_regerror'|
C:\person\lovedev\sdk\wx312\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_regex.o):regex.cpp|| undefined reference to `wx_regerror'|
C:\person\lovedev\sdk\wx312\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_regex.o):regex.cpp|| undefined reference to `wx_re_exec'|
C:\person\lovedev\sdk\wx312\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_regex.o):regex.cpp|| undefined reference to `wx_re_comp'|
||=== Build failed: 10 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 4 second(s)) ===|
Regards,
Sam
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64bit
VS Community 2019
msys2-mingw13.2.0 C::B character set: UTF-8/GBK(Chinese)
wxWidgets 3.3/3.2.4 Unicode Mono Static gcc static build
utelle

Re: wxSqlite3-3.03 missed wxRegex

Post by utelle »

samsam598 wrote:Compiling most recent wxSqlite3-3.03 with most recen SVN wx2.9.5+mingW4.4.5 by making use of the makefile is pretty fine.The lib. has been generated,the minimal example works fine as well.However,when try to include wxSqlite3 in my project,the compiler always complains as below ,but actually I've tried to add wxRegexu.a into the project
There were no changes to wxSQLite3 which could cause such a behaviour. So I think it's just the order of the link libraries given in your project which causes the problem. For the gcc linker the order of link libraries matter. You have to add wxRegexu.a after the library referencing it. Most probably you added it before the wxSQLite3 library. Change the order accordingly. That should work.

Regards,

Ulrich
samsam598
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: wxSqlite3-3.03 missed wxRegex

Post by samsam598 »

It's fixed,order does matters,yesterday I tried this but it seem I did not hit the right one.

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Sam
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64bit
VS Community 2019
msys2-mingw13.2.0 C::B character set: UTF-8/GBK(Chinese)
wxWidgets 3.3/3.2.4 Unicode Mono Static gcc static build