How to GUI for IBPP + Firebird? Topic is solved

In this forum you can discuss database related issues which can be wxWidgets related, but also generic in nature.
RobertHK
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

How to GUI for IBPP + Firebird?

Post by RobertHK »

Good day. I have a console program embedded Firebird database in C++ (C::B), which works well for me - in the concole app. function int main (). I would like to do it in GUI wxWidegts. What is the procedure? Where do you place it? Do myApp or myMain or associate as *. Cpp? Does anyone have minimal code please, where could I see what and where it belongs?
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: How to GUI for IBPP + Firebird?

Post by evstevemd »

Best Place to start
http://zetcode.com/gui/wxwidgets/

I have made a nice collection of resources including wxWidgets here
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?
RobertHK
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by RobertHK »

Hello, thank you very much for your answer. I am familiar with the book "Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets", which I really appreciate. But in my opinion it is not a textbook for beginners in wxWidgets - but the book, which describes its capabilities. Similarly, the manuals in ZetCode - if beginner in wxWidgets (like me) uses IDE CodeBlocks.
Building in C :: B divides files into 2 basic files (for examples): myApp and myMain. And while the manual (the book) files as myApp method performs "myFrame class: public wxFrame" and files like MyMain methods "class myApp: public wxApp" - IDE for C :: B is reversed: the method performs myApp "class myApp: public wxApp "and files like MyMain methods" class myFrame: public wxFrame. "And it is quite confusing (especially for beginners).
Then you do not know where they belong. In classic C + + is 1x int main and "x" various functions and methods. Here, each function (table, database, panel, dialog ....) class of their own, a table of events, etc. So I'm missing a "general description of the strategy of" how to build the application. From bottom to top, or from the top down? :?
RobertHK
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by RobertHK »

I firmly believe that when Julian Smart and Kevin Hock with Stefan Csomor in 2005 jointly published a book Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets and hoped to find alepoň few of their followers who share their thoughts and ideas will be extended and divorce in detailed textbooks, manuals and guides.7-8 years have passed and anywhere in the world (to my knowledge) is not on sale or only 1 pieces new book in any bookstore. And that's a shame. Not running at conferences, courses (at least in the Czech Republic). Forum focuses on solving specific problems of individuals. I am most grateful that it exists. But conceptually optimal solution in my opinion is not. And yet it's so ""simple"": finally write and publish a new quality books. Step by step... :)
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

RobertHK wrote:Hello, thank you very much for your answer. I am familiar with the book "Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets", which I really appreciate. But in my opinion it is not a textbook for beginners in wxWidgets - but the book, which describes its capabilities. Similarly, the manuals in ZetCode - if beginner in wxWidgets (like me) uses IDE CodeBlocks.
Building in C :: B divides files into 2 basic files (for examples): myApp and myMain. And while the manual (the book) files as myApp method performs "myFrame class: public wxFrame" and files like MyMain methods "class myApp: public wxApp" - IDE for C :: B is reversed: the method performs myApp "class myApp: public wxApp "and files like MyMain methods" class myFrame: public wxFrame. "And it is quite confusing (especially for beginners).
Then you do not know where they belong. In classic C + + is 1x int main and "x" various functions and methods. Here, each function (table, database, panel, dialog ....) class of their own, a table of events, etc. So I'm missing a "general description of the strategy of" how to build the application. From bottom to top, or from the top down? :?
Your trouble might be arising fro the fact that you are using the generated files by codeblocks. I suggest you delete them and follow Zetcode tutorial. Its is the simplest I can find. If you have any problem on the way post it in right forum!
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?